Changing icon in systray

JimB

In my Vista (x32) I always could change the icon for Utorrent in my systray. I guess I replaced the original in my program files folder

So I also had Utorrent installed in my program files folder.

Now with the new Utorrent 3.4.2 client installed on my W7 x64, I can't seem to do that anymore. I also can't find Utorrent anymore under "program files

and/or program files (x86)".

However under Users\****\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent I found and replaced the maindoc.ico by an another icon. That didn't help to change the utorrent icon in the systray.

So how can I replace the utorrent icon in my systray ?

Greet's

• 2 months later...

The icon files mentioned, they should be placed in current.btskin (which is actually a renamed zip file). After you do that restart uTorrent and the Tray icon will be changed.

For some reason my desktop never changed to the ugly new square icon but my laptop did, and I just fixed it today. And for some odd reason my pause button didn't go away when it was supposed to, past 3.4.3 build 40,xxx something - until I reinstalled windows, and even a restore of my old config files didn't bring it back. All the changes in updates don't always seem to actually update when they should;

Additionally even with a direct settings file copy (plus a port change) my laptop, even after a reinstall will 100 of the time tell me there is no updated version, while my desktop updates automatically on almost a weekly basis.

I think my point is thankfully uTorrent always seems to have a way to revert back a change you didn't like, lol.

Archived