Torrent Directory Issues

jpm06

I re-installed uTorrent on a quest to end my network nightmares, which extend much further beyond simply uTorrent. The problem I am trying to address is, about 75 or so torrents are displaying an error message saying "Error: Can't open .torrent file; ...". 5 of the torrents from before the re-install somehow managed to work on their own under the exact same circumstances that all the other ones refuse to load.  I forgot I even had directories set up, but they worked perfectly before. My browser would dump .torrents into C:/Users/"User"/Downloads then immediately make its way into D:/Movies. The file would be downloaded into D:/Movies. As of right now, I haven't been able to manipulate any directory setting into affecting the problem at all except for turn every single one of my .torrent files into a .loaded file and creating this problem to begin with. I'm using the most up to date non-beta version. I just need to understand how to make my .torrent files get moved from the "default browser download location of C:/Users/"User"/downloads to D:/Movies, as well as getting my uTorrent to properly recognize and seed these files again. Help would be greatly appreciated with these two requests.

My only issue with that is that when I download and launch a .torrent file I see absolutely no response from the client. All but 5 of the files in my uTorrent are having this issue. Anything that has a "Can't open .torrent file:" error message does not respond to executing it's associated .torrent file. Even if I re-download the file and try to execute I get nothing. Loading a .torrent from my browser does nothing. I have not been able to affect anything with a can't load .torrent error message...

Archived