Utorrent weird issues when downloading many torrents

derek10

I have a Intel Celeron G530 cpu, 6GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64 bit and Utorrent 3.4.2 (build 38758 [32-bit] with default settings (tried reinstalling), 30mbps (3.6 MB/s) cable, no proxies nor VPN. and computer connected via Ethernet. Windows Firewall (added Utorrent as exception), it shows the green icon next to the Android logo and NO antivirus

When downloading many torrents (4-5), in a random way Utorrent begins to do this:

The speed graph begins to show spikes with an absurd speed way higher than my maximum DL speed. But Windows 8.1's task manager network graph shows it's no longer downloading at  full speed.

post-381750-0-29233100-1424499475_thumb.

post-381750-0-99756500-1424499480_thumb.

The GUI becomes unresponsive.

Utorrent starts to use a lot of CPU (60%  instead of 10-20%.

post-381750-0-08409100-1424499479_thumb.

If I restart it then becomes normal for a while and starts doing this sooner or later.

Thank you for any help.

Guys, this is a bug. I've noticed it too, and to reproduce it - you need to just DL a few torrents at high rate, and activate some GUI controls - like select a torrent, and use arrow up or down to move/select other torrent(s) in the list below it. CPU is then reach 50% and uT becomes not  responsive. I even have a clip of it, in action...

Thank you.

What setup guide did you follow to configure uTorrent?

I haven't yet. I am using Utorrent  out of the box as it works well enough while downloading up to 4 torrents and assumed it was because some other issue, but I will follow some guide and check

Guys, this is a bug. I've noticed it too, and to reproduce it - you need to just DL a few torrents at high rate, and activate some GUI controls - like select a torrent, and use arrow up or down to move/select other torrent(s) in the list below it. CPU is then reach 50% and uT becomes not  responsive. I even have a clip of it, in action...

Do you get the weird spikes in the graph too? In my case I don't remember if it happens while interacting with the GUI or just randomly while minimized, I will try again.

Archived