Make uTorrent start automatically on windows startup even before user login

omareg94

In order to make uTorrent start automatically on windows startup (even before the user login), I've created a task in Task Scheduler to make uTorrent start on Windows start up before the user is logged on.

There's a problem! When uTorrent starts at system startup, it runs in the background. When I log on my user account and open uTorrent, I find that two separate instances (processes) of uTorrent are running. This would be like running two separate download sessions to download the same file at the same directory simultaneously. This would probably damage the file downloading process, including draining resources.

How could I make uTorrent run on the same process (session) without running a separate one when I run it after logging in my user account?

Illustrative screenshots:

If there's another suggestion to make uTorrent start automatically on windows startup before user login, and in the same time that conflict doesn't happen, it's more than welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance!

In order to make uTorrent start automatically on windows startup (even before the user login), I've created a task in Task Scheduler to make uTorrent start on Windows start up before the user is logged on.

There's a problem! When uTorrent starts at system startup, it runs in the background. When I log on my user account and open uTorrent, I find that two separate instances (processes) of uTorrent are running. This would be like running two separate download sessions to download the same file at the same directory simultaneously. This would probably damage the file downloading process, including draining resources.

How could I make uTorrent run on the same process (session) without running a separate one when I run it after logging in my user account?

Illustrative screenshots:

If there's another suggestion to make uTorrent start automatically on windows startup before user login, and in the same time that conflict doesn't happen, it's more than welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance!

AFAIK that can't be done correctly. You must install for each user and have it set to run for each user only. Utorrent isn't a multitasking program. If your the only one using utorrent - utorrent gives you the option to run when windows starts what your doing is more work then you need to do.

AFAIK that can't be done correctly. You must install for each user and have it set to run for each user only. Utorrent isn't a multitasking program. If your the only one using utorrent - utorrent gives you the option to run when windows starts what your doing is more work then you need to do.

I'm not the only user of my PC. I've uTorrent installed for all the users already. The idea is that uTorrent gives me the option to run when windows starts after user login only (not before user login). What I need is to make uTorrent run on windows startup before user login.

I'm travelling periodically, and I've set my PC to Power On automatically when the power cable is connected. I've a password set for my windows account to keep its privacy, so I cannot make it login automatically. That's why I need to make uTorrent run automatically before user login under my account data.

I really succeeded to do this. But the problem ,as mentioned in the main post, is that when I want to open the uTorrent window (after user login) by running the main .exe file, the uTorrent doesn't detect that there was a previously running session, and instead of just popping up the uTorrent window of this session, it opens uTorrent in a new session, which makes the case be that you're running duplicate uTorrent programs downloading the same files.

Well unfortunately utorrent isn't a multitasking program and you can only run one instances of it a time and each install unless they are isolated from each utorrent apps that's the only way you could run more then one utorrent program at a time.

I don't want to run more than one uTorrent program at a time. The problem is that more than one uTorrent program (instance) run at a time. What I need is to make uTorrent run one instance, not double instances as I've described in my previous reply.

Did you consider using a remote control software to logon to the PC remotely then blocking it again?

You are asking to much for utorrent, and most programs...

I'm not sure if setting utorrent as a service would work, because some of the files used by it depend on the user

Well unfortunately utorrent isn't a multitasking program and you can only run one instances of it a time and each install unless they are isolated from each utorrent apps that's the only way you could run more then one utorrent program at a time.

Do you even know what multitasking means?

This has nothing to do with multitasking...

Enviado desde telégrafo #XT-1058

Did you consider using a remote control software to logon to the PC remotely then blocking it again?

You are asking to much for utorrent, and most programs...

I'm not sure if setting utorrent as a service would work, because some of the files used by it depend on the user

Do you even know what multitasking means?

This has nothing to do with multitasking...

Enviado desde telégrafo #XT-1058

Here's something that someone talks about multiple utorrent but they are referring utorrent 2.0 but there are limits to this as well.

How to run multiple instances of uTorrent

http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=56252

Here's something that someone talks about multiple utorrent but they are referring utorrent 2.0 but there are limits to this as well.

How to run multiple instances of uTorrent

http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=56252

That's all fine...

Non the less, please stop saying 'multitasking', because this has nothing to do with multitasking...

Multitasking applies to Windows OS for instance, because it can run many tasks at the same time... thus the term multitasking, since it can run multiple tasks (programs, processes) at the same time, and you can use these programs at the same time as well...

Now, how many instances of the same program you can run, it's a different deal... ;)

That's all fine...

Non the less, please stop saying 'multitasking', because this has nothing to do with multitasking...

Multitasking applies to Windows OS for instance, because it can run many tasks at the same time... thus the term multitasking, since it can run multiple tasks (programs, processes) at the same time, and you can use these programs at the same time as well...

Now, how many instances of the same program you can run, it's a different deal... ;)

I've two instances (THIS IS THE PROBLEM) of uTorrent running when I try to open uTorrent after user login. I want to keep only one instance running when I try to open uTorrent after user login. How could I force uTorrent to run only one instance??

Archived