Change Default Trackers

mike20021969

Is there a way to change the default trackers in uTorrent?

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announceudp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announceudp://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce

None of the above are listed on the OpenBitTorrent & PublicBitTorrent websites - they have been replaced with 3 new ones.

Having to delete then copy & paste new ones would become a chore (after saying that, I seem to get invalid tracker message when adding new ones...what's that about?).

The 3 above don't appear to be listed in settings.dat either (?).

Is there a way to change the default trackers in uTorrent?

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announceudp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announceudp://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce

None of the above are listed on the OpenBitTorrent & PublicBitTorrent websites - they have been replaced with 3 new ones.

Having to delete then copy & paste new ones would become a chore (after saying that, I seem to get invalid tracker message when adding new ones...what's that about?).

The 3 above don't appear to be listed in settings.dat either (?).

Probably no you can't change the trackers. It was created by whomever created the torrents and they probably choose the trackers they choose. And trackers work and some get closed that is the nature of trackers some will stay active and some will go dead. You options are to look for the same torrent with more trackers created for it.

I'm referring to when you choose Create New Torrent - they appear by default (although they are no longer valid according to the websites I mentioned).

Mostly likely cause they got taken down by certain Government agencies maybe that is why they no longer work.

Mostly likely cause they got taken down by certain Government agencies maybe that is why they no longer work.

So the devs need to remove them from new uTorrent releases, replace them with new ones or provide a way so the user can set up they're own.

Which brings us back to square one...

Archived