Wrong selected torrent highlight color

rs387

There is a standard windows highlight color. It is configurable by the user through the Colors dialog. Please use it. Alternatively, just make it skinnable.

The light blue shade is totally crap. It looks like the list doesn't have focus, which makes me constantly focus it again, which has the effect of entering the torrent rename mode.

Even if you make it skinnable, I implore you not to make it the default. #E2EDF9 is absolutely horrible. It's not just about what it looks like. It impairs usability as described above. One wouldn't think that a color is that important, but it is, because light colors indicate unfocused lists on Windows.

• 1 month later...

It's unfortunate that the developers of utorrent assume that everyone has a digital capable video card.  Their highlight concept works as described on such a system but does not work on analog only displays.  In my books, this is a bug and not a feature as there is no documented method of providing a visible highlight bar for non-digital displays.  Sure there are switches you can play with in options, but they are really just temporary workarounds until sense takes hold in the programming department.

Archived