super seeding problem. upload halted near the end.

elguaxo

I searched and read a couple of 'super seeding' posts but none answered my question, so here I go.

I am using utorrent 1.5 and I used Super Seeding for the first time with a 1.46GB file. I was the onley source and the seeding was very 'frugal'. After seeding 1.55 GB (aprox.) I saw a lot of peers stucked at 99% (aprox.) and my client was not uploading anything. I waited long and nothing happened. Then I disabled Super Seeding and everyone was able to complete the download.

What happened? Perhaps someone already got that missing part and disconnected and utorrent didn't seed it again? Thanks.

Yes. But it's hard because we have no idea WHAT'S wrong with the super-seeding code. :P

But can't ludde compare µT super-seeding code to BitTornado's one? Or are they completely different (I'm not talking about difference between Python and C++).

What I do is use my old ancient Shadow (now known as bitTornado) to do the final bit of superseeding of the uTorrent torrents. Shadow superseeding REMAINS in superseeding mode no matter how many other clients reach 100%. I like this feature since many people who reach 100% do not upload when they reach 100% or quit the torrent. Thus, those users reaching 100% end up turning off my superseeding mode which is undesirable.

• 2 weeks later...

Great success. I super-seeded a 1.46GB file, everything ok from start to end. I used utorrent 1.5.1 beta, build 466.

The peers were:

9 Azureus (all v2.4.0.2)

6 BitComet (v0.60, 0.62, 0.63, 0.67, 0.68, 0.70)

1 BitTornado (v0.3.7)

1 Mainline (v4.9.9)

9 utorrent (all v1.5)

Archived