How to forward ports without a firewall/router

Wes

Ultima - There were a lot of things unexplained. I realize that you know what you're talking about, but you need to realize that some people (like me) don't. For example, not knowing WHAT a proxie is meant any 'explaining' you did was useless to me. lol Guess I should have been more apparent with my lack of computer knowledge. Anyway,

Chaz - how'd you open the port in Windows firewall? Just when the bubble popped up when you tried to run Utorrent for the first time? Or is there a way to get into the firewall's configuration?

u didnt know what a proxy was? and yet u didnt even care to look it up on google or whatever? what would everyone need to explain things that are public information...

yes u are correct, we often talk like everyone know what we're talking about, however we also expect people to help themselves :P

BTW, you two are double and triple posting, please use the edit button at the end of ur posts and u can continue things from there instead

I hate to sound mean, but you know, information's not going to be spoonfed for every tiny thing. Searching Wikipedia for proxy would've came up with the disambiguation, whereby it should've been obvious which one to select, based on the context of our conversation (hint: proxy server).

Edit: Meh Nefarious got to it first =P

Just stopped by to say thx to all that attempted to assist me.

And thx Switeck for the tip I'll start fine tuning probably next week (gotta work this weekend).

Yepper Ultima I have a green light and I have a DHT showing my connected nodes (whatever that is) instead of "firewalled" It stayed that way 'til I re-installed XP. Still don't know what happened but I don't think I'll worry abt it too much.

Once I start tweeking I'll probably be whining in here again abt something I tweeked the wrong way ... lol.

Thx All

Later

Chaz2nd

P.S. Glad to hear you got yours back in line Wes

Archived