Hi, all of a sudden I can't even load torrents from a magnet link or download them!!!

pghMikey

Hello everyone, 1st post on here. I have utorrent 3.4.2 (build 35702) 32 bit. I have downloaded lots of movies for over a year with no issues. Usually I will go to torrentz.eu, search a movie and click on piratesbay for example. Then I click on the magnet link and it takes about 10 seconds and the torrent shows up. I click ok, it says connecting to peers and after some seeders and peers show up the movie downloads(usually at a fast speed).

However, all of a sudden 2 days ago no matter what movie I try to download the percentage never moves from 0.0% and the speed only goes to 0.1 kb/s for like 5 seconds and then it disappears. This is very bizarre. Now when I do a search on torrentz.eu and click on the magnet link, it keeps loading and loading with a thing spinning but the torrent never even comes up. When I do it directly on a site like yify's for example, the torrent will come up but it won't get past 0.0%, it won't download at all. What do you think is going on? I am using a hotel's superfast wifi and it worked the last time I stayed here about a month ago. I don't know what to do. I have avast virus protection but don't think that's the problem, no firewall, etc... 

Could you please help me??

I understand the process to download movies as I have been doing it for over a year but all that other advanced tech mumbo jumbo I have no clue. I just find it odd that now NO MAGNET LINK will work. That stupid circle just keeps spinning indefinitely like it's waiting for the torrent to appear on my screen but it never does. I have tried 30 movies and none of them come up. Did the hotel's wifi provider all of a sudden block this? I was at another hotel 3 days ago and it worked fine so that has me wondering but this computer is 4 years old and sometimes acts funny. Can someone walk me through step by step how to possibly fix this? 

Thx and sorry for the long-winded message but I am frustrated. Maybe Avast Virus Protection I just renewed did something? If it did what did it do and how do I fix it? I am so confused.

What's likely going on is that UDP traffic is being blocked.

Could be Avast blocking.

You are so knowlegable, I can tell so thank you. 2 things then, I had Avast for 1 year, premium membership I paid for and it expired 2 months ago. I just renewed it. How can I fix it so it unblocks it? 2ndly, what is UDP  mean? I did those test torrents I saw in the forum on another link and they didn't work either so something is messed up. Please Dreadwing, what can I do to fix this? I know you might not know Avast but do you really think that's the cause? What can I change in Avast to get this working again? Do you think it might be the hotel's isp? I guess not huh, since I can't even load a torrent to start downloading it.

p2p shield in avast actively interferes.

I had avast since last year and never had a problem. I just now disabled all shields, firewall, etc and it still doesn't even load the torrent from a magnet link, the circle just keeps spinning. What do I do now? I am really really confused. Plus when I go to yify"s page and load a torrent directly from him, no matter how many seeders and leachers there are, the download speed only goes to 0.1 kb/s. Something is wrong here so can anyone help me??? I have an ASUS laptop, i7 and I have had it for 4 years and up until Saturday, I have always been able to download torrents no problem.

Archived