Folder select dialog doesn't show any folders

NiteShdw

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I've seen this happen in Azureus as well (though it's gone away now).

Basically, the Select Folder dialog box only shows the text at the top, a large gray space (where the folder tree should be) and the buttons down at the bottom.

Thus, the dialog is completely useless. Is the dialog called from COMCTL32.DLL? My WINAMP is crashing on startup, which is reports was caused by COMCTL32.DLL.

Sounds like something is wrong in your Windows... maybe a reinstall would be in order... alternatively you can set it up to always store torrents in a prespecified path, and then it won't ask you each time.

That's what I've done, but I use the "Add Torrent (No Default Save)" feature occasionally as well, or when adding stuff to seed that's not in the default folder.

I'm not worried so much about WinAMP, I have others, but I was just throwing out ideas that since comctl32.dll is crashing WinAMP, maybe there is something else funky about it.

(P.S. I tried to install Windows today on my RAID 1, but Windows apparently doesn't like RAID partitions too much, and I really don't want to have to reformat my RAID just to install Windows.)

You may want to run a virus scan. Sometimes viruses will insert code into dll's, and it can cause them to screw up.

That'll at least remove one thing from the list of things it could be. Or also google to see how large the file is supposed to be.

My virus scanner runs constantly and runs a full scan once a week. I can also replace the file. I don't even know if that's the problem, I was only throwing out a suggestion. No one else has had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: The COMCTL32.DLL issue appeared to be a WinAMP thing, so that has nothing to do with it.

I STLL can't see any folders in the folder select dialog box in uTorrent 1.1.3. Is there any way to figure out what the heck it going on? This problem makes several features completely inaccessable to me, such as Open Torrent (for Seeding).

Archived