Selective downloading on single file

NewTorrentBUDDY

hi

dont know much about torrent in special any how here is a good request ... since torrent hosts a lot of big big files so downloading it on dialup is equally a big problem.i am living in pakistan here dsl is very costly.then onlly option is dialup for home users so whenever i want to download a big torrent having size 1gb and that has 2 files each one 500 mb .. what i do is (since i have 2 computers and two phone lines and yes 2 dialup connections .. both unlimited time and data usage for one month) that i download one part of that file on one compouter and another on another computer ( using utorrent's selective downloading) and in this way i get the download fast and in almost 2 days i get 1 GB on dialup... more over if it has three or four files i ask my frieds to download this or that part so the numbers of downloadesr increases from 2 to 5.. (some times ) and then we (since live in proximity) share them so all get a complete fiel within one day (1gb in a day) ... well this is good since it increases the bandwidth and hence speed on torrents.... and increasese there availabilty as well.. now this is good .. one thing is still missing and taht is if i am donwloading a single torrent that has only one file this time and taht too of 1 gb than i canot do the above process and i hvae to wait for 4 to 5 days to complete the file and this also reduces the number of users and consequently the availability and speed of the file available on torrent is also affected...? so i think there should be some method to do selective downloading on a single file ... say i assing myself to download the first 500 mb on one pc and the next 500 mb on another pc ....hope this feature should get a decent attention.....

or is ther any torrent client that has this feature.... (not.. if it isn't in utorrent that its not in any torrent client)

Mr. junior torrent Buddy

The other point here is that if a torrent is being seeded with enough bandwidth but your connection can't utilise it all, then availability won't be affected (adversely or otherwise) by you taking a couple of days to download it. And if your connection is fast enough that you would be able to massively contribute to the swarm, it's unlikely that you'd have to split across 2 different PCs to download the file.

Archived