uTorrnet tempers with internet browsing

sscoop

i use internet explorer for browsing and sometimes uTorrnet does somthing that internet explorer cant find the requested pages or it takes a lot of time for them to load. if i close utorrent everything goes back to normal. a friend of mine also encounters the same problem since before the 1.5 version. to me it was working fine until beta 463 i think.

I see you are an "old" member on this forum, but I would suggest you to make again some speed tests and readjust your Speed Guide settings accordingly (lower your upload speed).

If still don't works after, spyware/malware could be another possibility. Get Ad-Aware and Spy Bot S&D, update their definition files and do a full system scan.

that was uncalled for... anyhow i have switched back to utorrent 462 since i first posted-it worked ok

switched back to beta463-not ok, and i am now using beta462. i wasn't running any downloads also so up speed doesen't count. i have described it happends to other pcs with fresh windows instalations.

if this is ignored its ok. if it doesent work for me i wont use it. the thing is i thought this was a troubleshooting forum to help not give answers like: check Antivirus, check Firewall, check spyware, check blabla. it should be assumed that the individual tries to help develop the product and does several tests on his pc before posting, not post on the forum for the sake of posting.

it should be assumed that the individual tries to help develop the product and does several tests on his pc before posting, not post on the forum for the sake of posting.

sscoop, you would be amazed how many people are posting WITHOUT running tests before posting, or without giving any details that may help the helpers (AS YOUR FIRST POST HERE)...

Anyway, good luck!

Indeed, we have to "cater" to the lowest common denominator, otherwise, what if the people don't do what we expect them to do, and we tell them to do something else that requires an expected configuration? Anyone who's done something already should tell us what they've done, otherwise, we assume everything starts from the basics.

NOD32 deletes the file before it can be used because it considers it to be malware. Ridiculous, to say the least. If they have time to worry about lvllord's patch, it'd be better put to use working on fixing other issues with their product.

ultima,

I uninstalled nod32...then yes downloaded from lvllord, ran the patch....BUT you know what I still hacve the same problem...mutorrent still looks to interfere with my web browsing....what do i do Sir?

thanks for ur replies again

ramuk

If it still interferes, you're either uploading too fast or your computer/connection/router/modem simply CAN'T handle the UDP packets generated by DHT in µTorrent.

So try turning off DHT, UN-forwarding the port in your router for UDP packets, and setting your upload speed in µTorrent a little lower (as well as number of max connections, connections per torrent, upload slots, etc).

Archived