I can't download any torrents.

Preytor

Until 2 days ago I was able to download torrents without any problem.But yesterday when I tried downloading some movies I couldn't download any of them.I tried many different torrents to be sure that there are seeders available,I tried 5 different torrent clients to be sure that μTorrent wasn't the problem and I even tried 3 different pc but nothing helped.I read in some other forums that the problem was probably my ISP so I downloaded and tried 2 different VPN's,hideme and one else whose name I can't remember but still nothing changed.I am getting pretty desperate here because I think I have tried everything.Oh and I have allowed the program to get past my firewall so that isn't the problem either.Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

No, it's probably a case of the specific torrents you're downloading not actually having the peers the site claims they have.

But when I told my friend to download the movies at the exact time I was trying to download them,he had no problem at all and I am sure that he is saying the truth since he was sharing his screen on skype.

Which points to the router as most likely, although it could be something else installed on the machines.

I don't that something specific is installed on all of the machines that could be preventing the download so there is probably something going on with the router.But what could it be?

Whatever it is, it's specific to your setup and isn't caused by uTorrent.

I never said it was caused by uTorrent.As mentioned in the problem's description I tried 5 different clients and none of them worked properly.I am just trying to find the solution to my problem.

I had the same problem across several clients. I found that changing my router firewall setting to minimum and unchecking " Apply rate limit to uTP connections" option ( under the Global Rate Limit Options subheading) along with a windsock reset has pretty much taken care of this issue. Good luck!

Archived