Downloads not showing/starting after a few successful downloads

DayMan83

I just installed utorrent on my HTC ONE M8 and downloaded a few files without trouble. However, the next few torrents I tried to download wouldn't start, not even showing up in the app. I had just set the browser, Firefox, to automatically use utorrent for files. I am downloading over WiFi.

Any idea what could be causing this? I'll try manually to see if that works.

• 1 month later...

This describes my situation perfectly with my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 wifi.

Some of my torrents which save to the SD once finished, they disappear from the list and I can't find them again. Only way to get to the files is via a file explorer but with the Android restrictions, I can't move/delete/etc the files. Therefore the only way to remove them is to uninstall uTorrent.

Also similarly sometimes torrents both magnet links and torrent files refuse to start and they get stuck at gathering file information.

It seems the only solution to the above two is to uninstall and reinstall uTorrent Android.

(note I am using uTorrent Plus purchased from Google Play Store and not the IAP- I thought I'd pay for it to make up for all those years of using the PC version without paying anything!)

Archived