Torrent aren't downloading

Serieslover

Hi there,  I have afew torrents in the process of downloading, When I coose a torrent I try to choose ones that have good feedback, verified and that haveseeder.  Yet somehow some just sit there say connecting to peers, downloading metadata.  and some are going so painflly slow it hurts (lol)

What can I do to speed things up a bit.  I am not very tech smart so please explain in plain englih for me.

I dont nderstand why some that say have 200 odd seeds dont do anything.

Please help me I have been given extra data I can use through my ISP and I want to make the most of it before it runs out in a few days

There alot of factors that are not account for when using torrent...

1. Seeds doesn't mean they are seeding....it like a listing of peers...

2. Not all internet bandwidth are created equal... yours might be fast but theirs might be slow aka dialup speeds

3. So ISP throttles torrent file sharing if detect their is torrent on their networks.

4. Seeders can put a limit to how much they seed for whatever reason they decide to do that...

Also you need to find another torrent that matches the current one that has more seeders or trackers that might give you more chances to download the torrent files. That will increase your chances there are others out there but linked to different trackers.

"Also you need to find another torrent that matches the current one that has more seeders or trackers that might give you more chances to download the torrent files. That will increase your chances there are others out there but linked to different trackers."

So do you mean find the same torrent in a different website and download it from there, so it adds there seeds on as well?  I am sorry but I do not understand what a tracker is.

But otherwise I am doing everything correctly? 

"Also you need to find another torrent that matches the current one that has more seeders or trackers that might give you more chances to download the torrent files. That will increase your chances there are others out there but linked to different trackers."

So do you mean find the same torrent in a different website and download it from there, so it adds there seeds on as well?  I am sorry but I do not understand what a tracker is.

But otherwise I am doing everything correctly? 

That usually the only other way to get more tracker to increase your chances to get the download.

OK so I have never really looked through the tabs down there, are they just there for show or is there something I can do to speed things up?

Not really your bandwidth permits your download speed but if the seeders bandwidth are slower then yours that will be the utimate decider of how fast your downloads are or if they choose the upload speed then your will be restricted by the seeder in how they choose to upload the torrent. That is why the more trackers you get the more chances others seeding the same file will give you more chances to get the file sooner.

Archived