Help with setting up Utorrent for Max Speed and portforwarding (screen shots available)

link9us

Ok first off, let me explain my situation. I recently have changed ISP's i used to have about a 5 Mbp's download and 700 Kbps UL connection with my own century link network. I have since upgraded to "charter" which gives me around 60 Mbps DL and bout 4.3 Mbp's UL.

My torrent client was set and configured for my DSL speeds that i had previous, well when i upgraded my internet. My client was not working the same away. I get lots of throtteling with certain torrents and some don't even download and go at extremly slow speeds like as low as 10 kB/s with a 60 Mbp's connection i should be getting some where around 7 mB/s at tops. I suspect the ports are blocked and is not able to get the Maximum speed. So my ISP does not allow me to use my router or open up my router configurations. They have to do it for me which does kind of pose a problem. But in regards to port forwarding all they require is the TCP or UDP port of Utorrent and my network IP. With that information they can do the portforwarding for me.

I tried giving them the information but apparnetly it was wrong. With the IP, its your network IP right. That means the Ipv4 address in your CMD > Ipconfig? For the ports, i just selected a randominzed port, since Utorrent doesn't just have one single port to forward. Its a certain random port, how ever the ports i gave them were not open after running the "self test" on the client. So i am a bit confused on this, how exactly do you portforward Utorrent with a SMC router.

Router Name: SMC Networks

Model: D3G1604W-033-NA

In addition to port forwarding, i may also have to configure my Utorrent client differently because it has the settings from the previous 5 MB download, which in this case, im sure certain things could be chaged like total connections, UL speed, X ammounts of peers connected, etc.So with that being said, i am going to upload some screen shots of my full settings for Utorrent, so you can then give me an idea what needs to be changed for the required speed.

xfvip4.png

Settings of Utorrent Client:

2pybxpv.png

1zxnrrd.png

6rswtd.png

293k0h3.png

oa88ll.png

I am aware that i am using an older version of Utorrent, how ever i never had an issue with this before and certain private trackers that i download from have certain torrent clients on the black list and they are blocked. I believe version 3.4 and higher. So i could upgrade, like use version 3.2 though i do not know if it will make a difference.

Well i can only download 3.3.1, anything later then that is not supported for what ever reason.

http://bakabt.me/whitelist.php

I have upgraded my client to 3.3.1 but its not working, says ports are blocked.

Speeds are bout 20-50 kB's on a 63 Kbps connection, this is rediculious. Peers connected and seeds exceed in the hundreds for the torrent files that i am downloading as well.

Archived