Could someone explain?

danshe

I've been downloading a torrent for a week now. The tracker lists 125 seeds and I'm connected to 0. There are 320 peers and I'm connected to 14 with a .8 kps download rate.

I didn't put this under troubleshooting because nothing seems to be wrong with my utorrent setup or my computer. Other torrents from the same site are fine and my router is configured to allow utorrent.

I'd like to know what leads to so many seeds and peers with so few connections.

All green lights. . I just did the tcip/ip patch and increased my connections to 50 but this hasn't changed anything. The speed guide says my port is open. It just seems to be this one torrent. But somehow over 100 others have had no problems with it.

Maybe this ought to be in troubleshooting after all. I've been using utorrent since it first came out and it's been great. My download speeds, recently, seem to be decreasing and my connections to other peers/ seeds minimal. This morning I noticed all downloads were fractions of 1kbs. I downloaded azureus and the torrent I've been trying to download all week is moving at 150kbs.

I am not going to change to azureus- it uses so much ram that I'd give up torrents before switching to it permamently. I just want utorrent to work again. I've done just about everything I can including forwarding my port etc. Any ideas anyone?

Archived