Torrent Name being replaced by filename during Torrent loading

Guest obwlisk

Guest obwlisk

This seems like maybe a settings issue but I cannot find anything in the forums or in the preferences about how to change this behaviour. In general what is happening is as soon as the Torrent loads and the tracker is contacted the "Name" of the Torrent is being replaced by the filename that it contains. So what appears in the GUI in the "Name" column and the actual .torrent file stored in the file system is being renamed.

I know it sounds bizarre but here is what is happening. I have "show options" when adding torrents and the name is correct (although uneditable) until the tracker responds at which time if there is a single file for the torrent the "Name" is immediately updated to the name of the file superceding the name of the torrent. It looks like this also becomes the name of the downloading torrent in the file system. I never really noticed this behaviour until a poster on one of my RSS feeds started posting video files with just the season and episode string and no show name string.

This happens if I load a magnetic link, load off the watched folder in the file system or load from an RSS using smart episode filter.

Is this a bug... feature... can't it be changed????

Guest obwlisk

That really is too bad. I am using a copy script to move the video file over to Sonarr so it can be renamed and integrated into my media library and because the Series name is dropped the file just sits there.

It must be a setting in the torrent generation then that they are using the filename for the internal torrent name. 

Guest obwlisk

The poster seems to be using "iTunes SD" in the Torrent name so I will add the "iTunes" string to the "Not" field in the RSS downloader to hopefully exclude these.

Archived