I Got Too Much DL Speed...Once

tott132

Hello Forum. First time posting. Pleased to meet you.

So I have Verizon DSL service. My plan gives me a measly 3MB download speed. I would upgrade, but I can't. Fiber optics is not on my block yet, and Time Warner Cable was not reliable with slow speeds when everybody in the apartment building was online at once. Peak times I was getting dial-up speeds.

So my 3MB service gives me between 290 and 320 kb/s torrenting download speeds. I'm usually around 290, but occassionally I can reach a max peak at 320. I'm a heavy user and these speeds have been consistant for 6 years.

One night a few weeks ago I was downloading a file of about 800mb. The DL speed was in the 900 kb/s range, 3x my usual speed. It was just that one file. When I paused it, and started a different torrent I got got my usual 300kbs on that one. When I went back to the first I got over 900 again. It never happened before or since. So what happened? 3MB is all Verizon offers for DSL, so it's not like I got a momentary boost from main office. Plus it was just that single file out of the thousands of downloads over the years.

Does anyone have some insight? I'm very curious as to how it happened.

Hello Forum. First time posting. Pleased to meet you.

So I have Verizon DSL service. My plan gives me a measly 3MB download speed. I would upgrade, but I can't. Fiber optics is not on my block yet, and Time Warner Cable was not reliable with slow speeds when everybody in the apartment building was online at once. Peak times I was getting dial-up speeds.

So my 3MB service gives me between 290 and 320 kb/s torrenting download speeds. I'm usually around 290, but occassionally I can reach a max peak at 320. I'm a heavy user and these speeds have been consistant for 6 years.

One night a few weeks ago I was downloading a file of about 800mb. The DL speed was in the 900 kb/s range, 3x my usual speed. It was just that one file. When I paused it, and started a different torrent I got got my usual 300kbs on that one. When I went back to the first I got over 900 again. It never happened before or since. So what happened? 3MB is all Verizon offers for DSL, so it's not like I got a momentary boost from main office. Plus it was just that single file out of the thousands of downloads over the years.

Does anyone have some insight? I'm very curious as to how it happened.

Most likely there are more seeders then leechers that might be the reason but since we have no idea what file your talking about no one can verify this statement?

Archived