Peers not connectable

Bodygard

Hi all. I've readed the sticky's and found no answer to my problem. I searched in this sub-forum and in the Speeds sub-forum and also didn't found an answer.

My problem is the following: i finish downloading with no problems, good speeds and the uploading too.

The matter is that after the last peer of the list finishes downloading from me, utorrent keeps saying in the Transfer statistics that are 1 of 7 connected (7 in swarm) but when i go see in the Peers tab, that peer is download at a slow speed (1 - 1,5KB/s) and then goes to 0. Then it keeps on zero for a while and then again, starts download at (1-1,5KB/s).

Sometimes, the peers connect but don't download :s , they just keep connecting and losing connection...

My network light is green. I have the ports forwarded properly and the tracker status is ok. I'm using version 1.5.1 BETA 464 but using 1.5 stable is the same. I'm using Sygate Firewall but it's ok, it's not blocking any traffic and i also didn't see in the forum that exists a problem with this FW.

Also see this:

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=utor0kw.jpg

They are always trying to connect but fail...

Is it my problem or them?

PS: sorry for my English.

This could be DHT traffic (is normal). And the green light is not for DHT, its for your network settings and port forwarding. Try to disable DHT (rightclick near the green icon) and check the traffic again. If the traffic becomes 0, it was DHT.

This could be DHT traffic (is normal). And the green light is not for DHT, its for your network settings and port forwarding. Try to disable DHT (rightclick near the green icon) and check the traffic again. If the traffic becomes 0, it was DHT.

Thanks for your sugestion but the problem continues. The peers keep trying to connect but they can't. I saw in the site and says that i'm connectable...i wonder if they (peers) are not connectable and so, don't manage to estabilish the connection...

This has nothing to do with DHT. Um, does it happen with every torrent you try?

Yes. Wait a minute...i notest now that it only happens with clients that are running Azureus :s

clients that are running utorrent 1.5 connect to me, i'm uploading to one right now. Weird

EDIT: no, some clients running utorrent, happen the same...

• 1 month later...

i have similar problems but i'm only seeding, no downloading

everything's green, see swarms of ~15, but not connecting to any peers. it tries to connect by stating 1 peer for a few seconds, then back to zero. upload speeds were 0.

typically i would come here and start fudging settings, which i probably shouldn't be doing, but i gotta jump start it somehow

my latest clutch pop was to set my upload rate. previously i had it set to 0 (unlimited), and managed my u/l bw globally from netlimiter. i set up rss feeds to help seed, they'd start up in the morning, and hours later i'd wake up to find them loaded and green, but 0 kb uploaded.

just tried putting in the limit now, and it kick started. maybe it's coincidental, but hopefully this will continue to do the trick?

Archived