What does Add peer do?

jivan

In post #25 Firon wrote:

LPD only works within your LAN.

I was just about to uninstall 1.61 and upgrade to 1.75. You stopped me. Thanks for that.

Well guess what I want to do is prioritize transfer between me and particular peers in the peer list by their IPs. Is this possible with uTorrent?

I want to do that because apparently as soon I am connected to my preferable peer and getting great speeds, the flag changes from "D" to "d" and s/he drops off connection. Then s/he connects again and disconnects - the repetition... S/he is under my peer list all the time however. This is just driving me insane here:(

Appreciate your patience with me and thanks for your kind advices!

I'm not really sure why it should be a showstopper for your upgrading to 1.7.5, considering the fact that 1.6.1 didn't allow this either :/ Peer preference isn't possible in µTorrent, and such a feature has been rejected before because micromanaging the BitTorrent protocol doesn't work. If the flag switches to "d", then the peer is choking you. Giving the peer preference won't get you better speeds -- nor would it help you to stay actively transferring from him any longer than it currently is (not normally anyway) -- because the problem lies on the peer's end, not yours.

Thanks for the clarification again, Ultima.

You are probably right. I PM'd the peer in Korea and learned he was using KTorrent on Ubuntu. Because some OS bug he is seeing lots speed fluctuations. Well since I was kind asking him a favor I really wanted to be sure nothing was wrong on my end.

About the upgrade, I am pretty ready for it. Just I am in the middle of getting something that might be gone tomorrow;)

BTW I am very much impressed by the great work you mods are doing here. Thanks my friend. I will get my hands on 1.75 as soon as I can:)

Archived