i really hope some1 can help me. my utorrent has stopped connecting to

homes86

hello,

I really hope some1 can help me. For some reason my utorrent has decided to not to connect to DHT anymore. i still have a green light and keeps tryin to log in but won't. it says (logging in) or waiting to log in, switchin between the two. my utorrent is still downloading torrents but i have no idea why it won't connect to DHT anymore. i haven't changed anything. it has just stopped workin for some reason :( any1 have any idea's? If it helps i'm using utorrent 1.5.1 BETA.

Also while i'm here i have been wondering. i have a cable connection so i should be able to get a high speed downloads.

But i hear ppl saying they download there pc games (for eg.) in about 3 or 4 days. but if i download the same game it will take me about 2-4 months. :( i don't understand why i download at about 15k on ave but on programs like limewire i seen my downloading go as high as 180k. any1 no why my connection is so slow with utorrent?

P.S. My download limit isn't limited.

Thanks for your help every1. i really hope some1 can give me some fed back.

thanks

for DHT problem i have no idea, but for the download speed are u sure u setup utorrent according to yor limits? use the speed guide to get good speeds. also the speed also depends on the torrent you have and if it has good tracker/seeds/peers. and the speed might be slow if the seeder your downloading from are giveing slow uploads

i have basically default with the speed guild. all i have changed is the amount of torrents i download and upload. i changed it to 8 d/l and 6 upload.

cos the default speed guide gave me 1 and 1. witch was getting me nowhere fast. thats the only thing i have changed.

i can't understand why i can't get good speeds. cos ppl downloading the same thing get it in a few days. i get it in a few months. :(

any1 else have any idea's on whats going on with my DHT? it has gone down today :( workin fine one min. can't log in the next.

and any hints or tips i need to no about my speed. i've never been able to get my downloading over 30k... 20k is as good as it gets for me. hardly ever that high tho. but like i said. i've had limewire up around 180k. makes no sence :(

(Don't double post either, I can see if you edit your post =P)

When you're forwarding your ports in the router and firewall... did you select UDP as well as TCP? And the static IP thing, read this.

DHT uses UDP, so naturally it'll help with DHT. As for the speed problem, make sure you forwarded properly and set up the static IP like I said. And run the Speed Guide in its entirety again.

Hey mate, sorry about the late reply. Had a wireless drop out :\

Well I tried downloading those 2 files u sent me. They took ages to find any S and L (maybe cos DHT is down or not) but when it did find some before the drop out one downloaded at 30k and the other at 10k they both found about 4 seeders online.

Now after my drop out (so I restarted utorrent) the 104MB says 4 (95) seeds and downloads at 30k and the 697MB says 6 (671) and its downloading at 90k. Everything else at about 1.5k..Lol

So what's your expert opinion doc?

Guess every download I want has some tight a** seeders yeah? :P lol

Also, any idea what happened to my DHT today? It just dropped out out of nowhere. And i searched these forums and it happened to some1 else today also, so i no it's not just me..Lol any idea's?

yep, firewall settings.

utorrent:

target: all applications

connection: incoming

action: allow

protolcol: any

IP settings: type: all IP addresses

i still got the green light and port is 4ed.

i haven't changed anything at all.. just one min DHT was connected then when i come back to the comp while utorrent was doin its thing it had 0 nodes tryin to log in :(

ok, so i take it it should just be a matter of time till its up and running. (hopefully)

atleast i no its not a software issue on my end. so is DHT not workin for every1? or just a few ppl.. i'm from australia. might just be a local thing...

Archived