IP filter blocks Router/own IP

Klaus_1250

I'm having an issue where the ipfilter.dat is blocking my routers ip, 192.168.1.1, and I cannot find a way to overide it :-(

I hoped that adding a line at the end of the ipfilter.dat in the form of:

192.168.001.001 - 192.168.001.001 , 255 , Allow

would solve it, but unfortunately, doesn't.

Is there any way I can exclude IP's from the ipfilter.dat, without rewriting the whole file? Or perhaps better, telling uTorrent what my own (private) ip's are?

Thanx. Too bad uTorrent doesn't implement full ip-filter capabilities.

Do not pad IPs with 0s to ensure that it will work (i.e., write 64.12.15.0 not 064.012.015.000), though it is reported to work anyway.

Kind of curious. Most blocklist pad ip's for readability and 001 / 1 still is the same number.

Leaves open my question, how to tell uTorrent what my own IP's are?

It is. The problem is, uTorrent sends out a handshake to my own external IP and the router changes the external IP to the internal one (quite normal practice). And because this packet gets blocked, uTorrent never learns what its own external IP is, because it never gets its own handshake.

So I either want the packets from the router to get through (without being blocked by ipfilter.dat) or manually specify my own external IP somewhere.

Make a safety copy of your ipfilter.dat, search the lines beginning with 192.168 and delete them in the ipfilter.dat.

I noticed the same effect when checking webui over lan, my ipfilter.dat blocked lan traffic!

Deleting the line in my ipfilter.dat worked.

EDIT: For information, in the file ipfilter.dat only ip's are listed, which you want to block; you can't add one, which you want to allow explicid!

@schnurlos: The thing is that I was making a script to automate the downloading/copying of ipfilter.dat, and making a script that automates excluding certain ip's is three times more work.

Also, you CAN list ip's which you want to allow. The second column, does that. 0-127 is block, 127-255 is allow, at least, by default. Most clients allow you to set the block/allow value; 127 is default.

@Firon: I know that, but it just annoys me. How does uTorrent handle such IP's in PEX and DHT? I just did a check on some torrents in uTorrent. For a torrent which I'm seeding, I find myself in the peerlist, as wel as 192.168.1.1 (but looking at the portnumber and all IP's/portnumber it is someone else).

Archived