Icons on multiple instances

mom0

i am runnig a second instance of utorrent (1.5 build 437) with the /recover switch.

now i wanted to use different icons especially in the tray.

according to the skinning section i put the main and tray.ico files into %appdata%\utorrent and started my first utorrent instance but the original icons still showed up.

same thing with the second instance i put the files to the location of the second utorrent.exe and tried utorrent.exe /recover but no effect.

any idea what i could have done wrong?

Ah... in any case, if it's not working even if you're not running a second instance, then you're not doing something correctly. You need to place main.ico and tray.ico wherever settings.dat is, FYI, so if you moved them around, place it where they are. For the second instance, you're going to have to isolate it by making a new copy of everything -- utorrent.exe, settings.dat, etc, in a separate directory, and use the different tray.ico.

well imho this is what i did and this is what is irritating me. i did not move settings files from the first instance around and i put the icons for the second instance into the folder containing (second) utorrent.exe and settings files but doesn't work :(

Archived