Corrupt files in Beta 1.5.1 build 463

mey-zing

I know this isn't the most current Beta version, but since there's nothing stated in the changelogs related to this issue, i'm reporting it.

I've been getting some corrupt files with this version, it never happened with 1.4 which was the version I used before. I noticed this on .rar files, because of CRC failures when extracting them. This is not a hardware problem, it seems to happen randomly, about 1 time for every downloaded Gb. When it happens i just download the file again and the problem is gone. If there is anything else I can tell you to help correct the problem, just tell me.

I said i noticed the problem while extracting RARs, I didn't say the problem was ONLY with RAR files... it's easy to say that the problem is hardware related but I can assure you it's not! I also said that when downloading the same files AGAIN they were alright, so the problem isn't from the source files either... I am reporting this error to help in your development so give me a break and don't say stuff like "it's a hardware problem" or "it's the source files" because those were the first things I checked... I moved back to 1.5 and the problem doesn't occur anymore, so the Beta DOES HAVE a problem, sorry...

no problems here too. maybe you can run a hash-check on the completed file and double check. also see in your logger-tab if there are reported hash fails. this means bad data received from the source-peer or bad line/connection along the way.

Depending on your cache settings, yes.

could you elaborate on that? i think that may be the problem, because i normally close the torrent seconds after reaching 100%... it's not the hardware, i already told twice that i checked it... (do i need to say it again?)

Err...you manually stop the torrents just SECONDS after reaching 100%?

Why don't you upload them at least a little longer than that?

because i test them, move them to another folder and THEN start seeding, i need to do this because of the way my hard disks are organized, i don't have much space...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have similar problem with 1.6.1. I had to switch to Azureus because I always had some corrupt rar files. This is definitely not hardware issue as I have checked all my hard disks, tried to save torrents on different partitions, downloaded more than 10 GB rar files with ftp without any error and did the same with Azureus client.

I'm using 64bit Windows XP but had the same problem on 32bit Vista. Please fix this because uTorrent is my favorite torrent client. Meanwhile I try to find a previous version.

Many thanks,

Bozz

Archived