Yellow light after port fowarded

daniel23

Hi I have

the following problems :

Error opening window firewall : 0xxxxxxx

unable to map UPnP port to xxx.xxx.x.xxx:12383

I did :

1) refer to the portforwarding guide and make a static ip address

2) port forward the 12383 to my router D-link ( just upgraded my router firmware to the latest version)

3) Enabled firewall (router) access

4) Closed window xp sp2 firewall

5) terminate avast P2P shield

6) went to test if port fowarded properly and got the result

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 12383 on xxx.xxx.x.xxx

Warning! Port 12383 can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections.

7) reinstall Utorrent and do everything all over again.

I am now downloading a rate of 0.7kb/s and the light is still yellow. Please help

I am using Window Xp sp 2, avast anti virus, window xp firewall and my router firewall.

For the error message: http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_does_Error_opening_Windows_Firewall_mean.3F

If you are really proxied by your ISP, you have noch chance to get a green light, but µtorrent will work (you only can't get incoming connections).

But you can try this:

In Windows run "start" "run" "cmd" in the DOS-window now type "ipconfig". Take the IP-adress there (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) and write this into the "Bittorrent" settings at "IP/Hostname to report to the tracker".

Perhaps it works for you!

Chances are your ISP is using a transparent HTTP proxy for your connection.

Only way you can fix that is get a real ISP that gives you TRUE internet access.

...instead of filtered through a potentially spying proxy, which may be used to sell the details of where you go online to the highest bidder/s.

Chances are your ISP is using a transparent HTTP proxy for your connection.

Only way you can fix that is get a real ISP that gives you TRUE internet access.

...instead of filtered through a potentially spying proxy, which may be used to sell the details of where you go online to the highest bidder/s.

hm sorry, but i don't really get what you mean. How can i get the real ISP?

If your ISP is using transparent proxys, you could probably call them up and ask them why. Don't say why you want them not to -- they don't need to know. They're supposed to provide internet access, not play Big Brother/1984 and spy on you.

If there's multiple ISPs in the area, do research!

GOOGLE is your friend, use it for this purpose -- do searches for people with problems with the various ISPs in your area.

stuff like:

"ISPNAME bittorrent problems slow"

If your ISP is using transparent proxys, you could probably call them up and ask them why. Don't say why you want them not to -- they don't need to know. They're supposed to provide internet access, not play Big Brother/1984 and spy on you.

GOOGLE is your friend, use it for this purpose -- do searches for people with problems with the various ISPs in your area.

stuff like:

"ISPNAME bittorrent problems slow"

yup just googled and found out my ISP block alot of P2P website. Is there any thing i can do? -.-

If your ISP is using transparent proxys' date=' you could probably call them up and ask them why. Don't say why you want them not to -- they don't need to know. They're supposed to provide internet access, not play Big Brother/1984 and spy on you.

stuff like:

"ISPNAME bittorrent problems slow"[/quote']

yup just googled and found out my ISP block alot of P2P website. Is there any thing i can do? -.-

get a new ISP :P

I would suggest doing some research and going with the best option dependant upon what your internet needs are

Archived