Desperately Need Help

pop

i've been trying to solve this for quite a few months.

i've got the NAT error thing on my utorrent

and my download speeds are probably max 5kb/s (yes it is that bad.) and my upload is max 7kb/s

i've tried port forwarding from portforward.com but it hasn't worked a bit

when i checked the speed guide thing whether i've port forwarded, they say i'm on a proxied connection.

i've tried to do the ShieldsUP! thing to 'unstealth' the proxied connection but to no avail either.

if anyone could give me a run down of how i can fix this and save my soul waiting for my torrents to finish downloading for an eternity, i'll kiss their feet forever.

thanks SO MUCH (:

Who's your ISP -- THEY may be the ones with the proxy that you're connecting through. If so, all you can do is call them up and complain and/or change ISPs.

Have you done speed tests in µTorrent (CTRL+G) while doing NOTHING else?

You probably cannot use DHT in any case, so save yourself some trouble and just disable it.

ok i've called my ISP

but they said that the problem doesn't lie with them because they say they don't use proxied connections

they've pin-pointed it to my router which is LinkSys.

which is all the more confusing because i've tried almost everything on linksys before that

any help?

ok i've called my ISP

but they said that the problem doesn't lie with them because they say they don't use proxied connections

ohhh yes, i remember when i used to call my ISP and complain about transparent proxies, they of course said they didnt use such a thing, after 5 or maybe 7 calls they finally said they were going to take it off since people complained too much, i wonder how they took somethen that wasnt there xD

ok

ultima: i'm using internet explorer

klaus: i'm using a WRT54G linksys model

as for my personal firewall i'm not too sure. i've always turned off windows firewall. other than that i have symantec antivirus.

does that help?

IE... urg. Um, go to Internet Options, and under the Connections tab, you'll find proxy options buried somewhere. As I said before, if you have a proxy set, then it's messing around with the port checker. If otherwise, your ISP is lying.

And get rid of Symantec Antivirus -- it isn't so great. Kaspersky Antivirus is loads better.

Archived