Setup wizard keep running because uTorrent is not on C:

redxii1234

I think the experimental 3.0 64-bit is also affected, but I switched to the 32-bit release now.

Basically I keep getting the setup wizard, I have uTorrent in 'E:\Programs\uTorrent'. If I execute utorrent.exe from anywhere on C: the wizard will not display after the first time, however the setup wizard keeps reappearing everytime I run it if I execute it from anywhere other than on the C: drive.. D:, E:, etc

Creating fresh settings didn't help. I'm not "Installing" (nor want to allow uT to "install") uTorrent I already have the exe where I want it and am not running an admin account however that doesn't seem to be the issue. uTorrent has to be on C: for some reason to make it stop showing the wizard.

74 views and no ideas as to why that if it isn't on C: it keeps displaying the setup wizard? I'm not your average Joe Blow when it comes to computers and this is the only variable as to why it keeps displaying the setup wizard: because it isn't on C:.

I've put it in 'Program Files (x86)\uTorrent' to satisfy it but that doesn't fix the underlying bug. I ran 2.x on another drive letter without this issue.

It also affects the experimental 64-bit release.

Archived