Utorrent Portuguese translation?

mmodem

There are some strings that arent translated since i have some doubts regarding some strings where the term "streaming" is involved, those strings:

%1 stands for the command which is the chosen streamable file outputted by the build-in local loopback http server. You could add extra parameters for the player you selected.

Streaming peer timeout:

Streaming buffer size:

Streamable

Can anyone give some help and clarify about the meaning about "steream(ing)" and "streamable"?

Or give some examples and synonymous so that i can finish this translation?

TIA

I have tried severall times to upload the files but i always get this error and i really cant understand why:

1 string(s) could not be matched to an English string

Array

(

[1] => Array

(

[original] => ©2011 BitTorrent, Inc.\r\nAll Rights Reserved.\r\n\r\nThanks for using this FREE program. We hope you like it. If you paid for it, get a refund!\r\n\r\nThanks to ludde, Serge Paquet, zygron, and Firon for all the help.

[translated] => ©2011 BitTorrent, Inc.\r\nTodos os direitos reservados.\r\n\r\nObrigado por usar este programa LIVRE. Esperamos que goste. Se pagou pelo programa, peça um reembolso!\r\n\r\nObrigado ao ludde, Serge Paquet, zygron, e Firon por toda a ajuda.

)

)

Could you please clarify it?

@mmodem:

This is an really old bug.

For this phrase just let uTS show you the text for an older build (25130) and have a look on the 2nd entry (ID: ABOUT_TEXT). Copy the translated text and paste it for the new build and change the year from 2010 to 2011.

@Firon: perhaps the year could be a variable (%s) too? So automatically the text is correct.

Logger: meaning is something like "log", "cumplicidade", "protocolo", "gravação" or (like the brazilian translation) "Regitros"

prio window start: "janela prio início" (like the brazilian translation)

prio window end: "janela prio fim" (like the brazilian translation)

For this 2 I honestly have to say: I've never seen where the text is shown. Has to to with proxy connection, but that's all I know.

You didnt see with attention, i didnt entered 2010, neither in english appears 2010, its 2011, so why continues being rejected?

If there existed "log" i would know exactly to what translate that would be similar to the Portuguese Brasilian translations -> "Registo"

But the string "Logger" creates some doubts regarding the correct meaning, since a logger can be also some to cut meat, wood, etc, so before doing any translation i like to have it clarified to avoid mistakes.

Now the other 2 pt_BR translations make no sense, and i still dont get the meaning of the strings:

prio window start:

prio window end:

Does the string "prio" means or its like "prior"?

Please dont use again any comparation with pt_BR strings, i know english well but in some cases the english string dont make much sense (at least regarding direct translations, so in case of doubt i prefer to have it clarified by the developer who entered the strings in question), and i also use some online dictionaries to take doubts.

Regarding the string that isnt possible to upload and that its correct, its thos one:

[translated] => ©2011 BitTorrent, Inc.\r\nTodos os direitos reservados.\r\n\r\nObrigado por usar este programa LIVRE. Esperamos que goste. Se pagou pelo programa, peça um reembolso!\r\n\r\nObrigado ao ludde, Serge Paquet, zygron, e Firon por toda a ajuda.

i've found an error in the portuguese translation in the program.

under the tab "Adicionado" (added) the place when we can see for how long have we added the torrent we get messages like "à 2 horas" (2 hours ago), "à uma semana" (a week ago), etc, etc..

the error is in the "à" - that's a bad misspelling (lol) - the correct way is "há" im sure the translator will confirm it..

thanks and keep up the good work

In fact its not an incorrect spell.

This its a reference to fact, its not stating that some exists, but i can give an example to clarify it:

"à uma hora atráz recebi uma transferência" -> a reference to a fact, that a transfer was received one hour ago

"há uma transferência no directório" -> referring that a transfer exists in the directory

I also was incorrectly teached like you by my old teacher in primary school, and that continues existing incorrect spells in magazines, newspapers, etc, but we must be able to differentiate the context in where to apply one and another.

Friend, what you're saying is wrong. Ask whoever you want, get a grammar, whatever.....

"há 2 anos" -> há de haver -> como se dissesse que "havia já 2 anos desde que......"

In fact its not an incorrect spell.

This its a reference to fact, its not stating that some exists, but i can give an example to clarify it:

It's quite the opposite: that's not a "reference to a fact" and it's really "stating that some exists" because that says that a torrent exists (a.k.a. was added) in utorrent for X time.....

im sure in what im saying i have no doubts of any kind.

I saw a misspelling which made me looking for a way to report it, coming here and registered myself just to do that.. you don't even bothered yourself to go check if what i was saying was correct or not.. bah.

im out of this conversation. keep it up good

I know its not easy to get it in the first times (like it happened to me), but when you have:

"Adicionado:" -> "à um dia"

or if for example would be,

"existe à um dia"

this continues being correct.

We can use "há" when we say that some exists:

- "Há 3 maças no saco."

- "Existem 3 maças no saco."

If i put with "há" and following the same example structure would be:

- "Há um dia"

- "Existe um dia"

as you see like this doesnt make much sense, and even less for the context where exists.

Now i dont get why you say i havent bothered if what you said was correct or not, if i would do that i would not be with all this details, and you should be more polite if you want to have people also being polite to you.

• 6 months later...

mmodem,

chute is absolutely right about the use of verb "haver" in that situation (which is mandatory) and it's really a shame that you insist in keeping such a crass error in your otherwise perfectly good translation. It hurts to look at that "Concluído em" column.

To err is only human, but to persist in your errors...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like the previous posters, I've registered just so I could post in this very thread:

mmodem, being stubborn won't change the Portuguese grammar. It's "há n anos", just like one would say "faz n anos". Remember that "haver" comes from the Latin root "habere", the same word that spawned the English verb "to have".

In keeping with your comparison between "haver" and "existir": think of it as the existence of time between the time of speech (now) and the time in which an action took place: "há n anos [entre hoje e a altura em] que foi adicionado o torrent" -> "existem n anos [entre hoje e altura em que] foi adicionado o torrent".

We're all grateful for your work, but this needs to be fixed, as it is frankly offensive to look at.

• 1 month later...
I would like to know from where di you got the idea im not active...

AFAIR im still the pt translator and theres nothing poiting otherwise.

Oh, you are, are you? Would you then ‒ perhaps ‒ be so kind as to apply the fix we've all been here calling for? I mean, we have to run these things through you (right?), since you fancy yourself as the sole keeper of the Portuguese version of this piece of software. We hail thee, mmodem!

As you have kindly referred in your point of view you consider it as an error, but i have already explained that why i have used.

The "à" is used as a reference to the time passed to the files downloaded as i have already explained in previous comments, still i can consider changing this position if theres reliable information pointing in that way, of course this 'info' can only be taken in consideration if from trustred websites and trusted authors.

As you have kindly referred in your point of view you consider it as an error, but i have already explained that why i have used.

Yes, and every single person in this thread has rebutted your point of view. Is there really not a single shred of doubt in you? Blindly ignoring the world around you is just lunacy.

still i can consider changing this position if theres reliable information pointing in that way, of course this 'info' can only be taken in consideration if from trustred websites and trusted authors.

Yet you have given us no reliable information whatsoever defending your point of view. Are you some renowned expert of the Portuguese language? What do you consider, then, to be a "trusted" website or a "trusted" author? Clearly each one of us here is but a layman! I don't know why I'm indulging you with any answer at all, but is the fucking Dicionário Priberam da Língua Portuguesa good enough for you? If so:

haver |ê| - Conjugar

(latim habeo, -ere)

v. tr.

1. Ter, possuir, estar na posse de.

2. Conseguir.

3. Considerar, julgar.

4. Existir (ex.: há café acabado de fazer; há pessoas assim). [Verbo impessoal]

5. Acontecer, suceder (ex.: hoje à noite há festa; houve dois acidentes graves). [Verbo impessoal]

6. Ser decorrido ou ter passado determinado período de tempo (ex.: são amigos há mais de trinta anos; vi-o há uma hora na biblioteca). [Verbo impessoal]

v. pron.

7. Portar-se, proceder.

v. auxil.

8. Usa-se seguido do particípio passado, para formar tempos compostos (ex.: haviam estudado, havia comido, haverão pensado, haveríamos dormido, houvessem esperado). = TER

s. m.

9. Crédito, nos livros comerciais, em oposição a deve.

source

Maybe it's too edgy for you. What about Porto Editora, then?

haver

verbo transitivo

1. ter; possuir

2. obter; conseguir

3. considerar; julgar

4. sentir

5. reaver

6. [uso impessoal] existir

7. [uso impessoal] acontecer; passar-se; decorrer

8. [uso impessoal] ter decorrido (período de tempo)

verbo pronominal

1. portar-se

2. proceder

3. arranjar-se

4. prestar contas a

source

Heck, Porto Editora has even made a video just for this issue of and à.

Is this enough for you? Or shall I go down to the basement and dust off the old grammars? Geez. Now, why don't you go and fetch us some solid proof supporting your point of view, huh? Really, it's about time you'd admit to your mistake.

Im very well aware of whats you mentioned, still you have not looked with proper eyes to what i have explained in previous comments, about the correct usage of "há" and "à", when theres an existance issue or simply a referrence.

What you have told has not contributed to the right context, im tired of seeing wrong usage of "há" in many media, ill reply when i see some positive contribution.

Archived