[toolbar/status] SILK (famfamfam.com)

sal

(Updated by gnaihc - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=160275#p160275)

Silk Reloaded Theme (works in the latest beta)

Ok, I know there are couple variations on the FAMFAMFAM icons already, but I just want to make one of my own :)

Take a look and enjoy...

Toolbar

223.png

The toolbar icons are taken from sahib and ignorantcow's selection. I just combined them plus minor icon replacement.

Download

Status

224.png

I made those icons based on the FAMFAMFAM theme. I didn't like the 16x16 size so I made them 14x14 instead. Ah..more white space...

Download

Tabs

225.png

The tabs icons are again taken from sahib's selection but I made the icons smaller and modified some of them.

Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[OLD] SILK Theme for uTorrent 1.1.x

Here is a zip file containing both a toolbar and status icon bmp file for using custom buttons and status icons based on the Silk icon set from famfamfam.com. I hope my using these icons doesn't put this icon set in bad light, they are IMO core icons which are very clean and usable, especially on the web. Mucho props to Mark at famfamfam.com.

uTorrent_SILK_Theme.gif

I know it's not very intuitive with the start, pause and stop people, but it's what I'm using, is my first jab at doing this and just felt like sharing.

To install on WinXP just download the zip package and unzip. Go Start > Run > %appdata%/utorrent and drag the two bmp files into there. Restart uTorrent and it's good to go.

Wow. I was just about to make a set out of those icons! Talk about weirdness.

I went ahead and made better use of the offered icons in the set. I hope you don't mind. Download

WTF...heh no way. It's all good, I suck at icon selection, especially when theres so many on offer. Looking at your seletion, yep, alot more intuitive.

Wow. I was just about to make a set out of those icons! Talk about weirdness.

I went ahead and made better use of the offered icons in the set. I hope you don't mind. Download

WTF...heh no way. It's all good, I suck at icon selection, especially when theres so many on offer. Looking at your seletion, yep, alot more intuitive.

Yeah, seriously, WTF. I got to the icons from this page on twofifty.org o_o

• 4 months later...

Silk Reloaded Theme (works in the latest beta)

Ok, I know there are couple variations on the FAMFAMFAM icons already, but I just want to make one of my own :)

Take a look and enjoy...

Toolbar

223.png

The toolbar icons are taken from sahib and ignorantcow's selection. I just combined them plus minor icon replacement.

Download

Status

224.png

I made those icons based on the FAMFAMFAM theme. I didn't like the 16x16 size so I made them 14x14 instead. Ah..more white space...

Download

Tabs

225.png

The tabs icons are again taken from sahib's selection but I made the icons smaller and modified some of them.

Download

gnaihc: amazing status icons, im using them right now.

on another note, perhaps we should merge the two silkthreads so people dont get confused?

Thanks, :) Yeah, I was once confused about the two different threads. I also wish the skin browser can group the same theme together, so people don't need to find matching icons on their own.

• 3 months later...

I want to make a toolbar using the silk icon set, using icons I want instead of the ones already used in this one. The problem is I don't know how retain the icons' transparency once assembled in the bmp. Can someone walk me through how to do this, I have Photoshop if needed. TIA

• 2 years later...

I did! But then for some reason it wasn't showing up at all on any of the skin pages... Anyway, I still can't see any of 901, 902, 903 on the main page, what gives?

edit

OK thanks for the tip thelittlefire, that explains why I couldn't see the original upload after I changed its category as well as the next statusbar uploads.

Everything should be OK now in the mainpage.

You must enable "show all skins" since 1.7 is still "current" on the site. The updates are incompatible with 1.7 due to the different number(s) of icons. :)

Edit: Could you Delete 906 and 902 (you see the link after to EDIT) as long as you can see them as duplicates for 904 and 901 respectively. You will need to change 901's category from tabs to tstatus to get it to show up in the correct place. -- strange. The PNG is still formatted as a tab.bmp with two rows, but it's in tstatus good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived