Was upload slot behavior changed in b1.51 v462?

Switeck

I'm seeing fewer uploads going than I set upload slots too -- even with only 1 torrent active, 42 KB/sec upload speed sustained, and even if set from 3 upload slots to 10 upload slots.

The Debug column no long has a 3rd number telling what override value it's using for upload slots...but it seems obvious that it's in effect at times.

You're right, the debug 3rd column is still there. I was looking at Debug under PEERS for individual torrents and not seeing it! DOH! ><

However, the number of upload slots used is consistantly ONE less than I set it to.

This is even counting the optimistic unchoke upload slot!

I set it to 7, I see 6 used.

I set it to 3, I see 2 used!

I set it to 2, I see only 1 used -- and it's the Optimistic unchoke one!

Guess what it does if I set it to 1?

My problem may be because I'm running µTorrent on Win 98SE.

Also, when the number of upload slots used is very low -- like 1-3 -- often I am only uploading at a fraction of my upload speed limit.

Is ANYONE seeing similar behavior out of upload slots?

µTorrent changes the amount of upload slots per torrent based on how many are active, your upload speed and so on.

Good, good :cool:

However, the number of upload slots used is consistantly ONE less than I set it to.

This is even counting the optimistic unchoke upload slot!

No, for me is working fine.

When you change upload slots settings sometimes you have to wait a little to see any effects.

Also, when the number of upload slots used is very low -- like 1-3 -- often I am only uploading at a fraction of my upload speed limit.

I think this is normal. If your upload capabilities are quite high, then setting the upload slot number too low can produce such effect - that means all the peers which you're uploading to now can't use the total speed of your bandwidth.

I have watched µTorrent's upload slot behavior for a few hours. It's not a matter of expecting instant changes.

µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 463 ALSO experiences the exact same problem -- upload slots on torrents is always 1 LESS than default upload slots per torrent. This is despite DEBUG's 3rd number being considerably higher than the default upload slots per torrent setting!

If I have default upload slots per torrent set to 1 OR 2, only the optimistic unchoke upload slot gets used...and then only intermittently, so upload speeds drop almost to nothing at times.

I am not firewalled -- my router is forwarded properly. I have no software firewall. My upload speed max is 42 KB/sec, and reaching that speed is not a problem with the torrents I have so long as I set upload slots at least to 3.

If I set upload slots on individual torrents, then it works -- THOSE upload slots actually get used!

Archived