No pop-up allowing me to select specific files when I download

edenney

I've been using 2.x versions on my computers for a long time, but I recently bought a new laptop and installed the newest version, which is 3.0 build 25806. The interface is substantially different so it's taking some getting used to, and I never really messed with too many of the options in the 2.x versions except for bandwidth, directories, and some misc options. By default with the 2.x versions, when I would click the link to download a new torrent, it would open a popup window showing me the list of files in the torrent so I could select which ones I did or didn't want. Apparently not only is that not the default with 3.x, but I can't even find a way to get that pop-up to appear.

I've gone through all of the Preference options over and over and I haven't found an option that makes the pop-up appear. In the UI Settings menu, I found an option that appears might be what I'm looking for, but I have it checked and yet the pop-up still doesn't appear when I download a new torrent. The one I'm referring to is in the "When Adding Torrents" section on the UI Settings page, and it says "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode". I've also looked all over to see an option that might allow me to turn advanced mode off/on, but I don't see anything like that.

I'm sure there is a very easy answer, I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

TIA

Thanks for the reply. That's not what I was referring to, but it is nice after clicking that to now be able to see the torrent progress info the way I did in 2.x.

I'm talking about a pop-up window. When you click on a link from a web page to download a torrent, first the pop-up appears asking if you want to save the torrent to your drive or open. After you select OPEN, that pop-up would close and a second pop-up would open which had all of the torrent information in it, including the list of files in the torrent with checks boxes next to each file. At that point you could check or uncheck whichever files, then click OK and the torrent would get loaded into the main U-Torrent window. After installing 3.0, the first pop-up appears asking if I want to open or save the torrent, but when I click OPEN it just automatically loads the torrent into U-Torrent and skips the step that allows me to select the files that I want.

Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show a window that automatically displays the files inside the torrent

Thank you for the reply. However as I explained in my post, I specifically have that option checked and yet the popup doesn't appear. As I also indicated, that option says "in advanced mode" at the end of the line, but I don't see any option to set or turn on advanced mode if that's actually required to enable that option.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem.

I have ticked the Preferences > UI Settings > "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent" box.

However, there is no Preferences > Directories > "Always show dialog on manual add" box???

I'm using utorent 3.0, any idea what to do?

cheers leggy

What they are telling you is correct, just incomplete. I was having the same issue, when I clicked the Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show a window that automatically displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode, I would just have a box pop up to change the save name, but there is a drop down box you can click on, that allows you to do what you are wanting to do.

Archived