Using Magnet Links

WLS

Selective downloading using iconmagnet.gif (GET THIS TORRENT)

1. Click iconmagnet.gif and the torrent starts downloading.

2. Select the torrent within your torrent client and select the Files tab. Wait until the list of files appears then select the files you do not wish to download, right-click and select "Don't Download".

• 3 weeks later...

Ok anyone know what is with Firefox and not opening the link. It just keeps sending me to a Error page. UTorrent just won't open up and I am completely unable to download what I need. I'll try with another browser but this is still very strange.

Guess I am using Chrome for my torrents.........whatever at least I found a fix....damn it FF!

I need some step by step instructions to register Firefox to open magnet links with uTorrents.

File not found   
Firefox can't find the file at magnet:?xt=urn:btih:041c8bc6d0ac3c914c34615954320c3c02a90ad1&dn=LMFAO+-+Party+Rock+2009++CBR320+vtwin88cube&tr=udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80&tr=udp://tracker.ccc.de:80.

Sadly with the current method of downloading individual files in a torrent you end up with a bunch of parts downloaded - or whole small files downloaded - in the period between when the metadata finishes downloading and you managed to hit stop so that you can specify what you want, which you then have to go through the download destination folder and manually delete :/

i used to be able to choose the files i wanted,(i dont like to download samples etc.) but now i cant with this magnet rubbish. it just comes up with a blank box and no files..

whats the deal? is there any way to change it back?

How do you manage to choose those filest? :rolleyes:

i used to be able to choose the files i wanted,(i dont like to download samples etc.) but now i cant with this magnet rubbish. it just comes up with a blank box and no files..

whats the deal? is there any way to change it back?

Dd you read the first post?

If not try this.

Thanks to priteshdesai for that link!

Archived