Continue to get DISC OVERLOAD no matter what I try?

faggggggg

no matter what I try I get always get disk overlaod , no matter what settings same shit :(

I reverted back to utorrent 2.2.1 same thing

then went to 3.0.0 same thing

went to utorretn 3.1.2 same thing

I have tried all the tweaks its the same thing please help

I did all the sutff recmmended in the other threads to no avail wtf I really dont want to go buy expensive blurays

I have 2 gb ram win 7 ultimate

I increase teh cache to like 1gb and utorrent.exe just keeps increasing to infinity :( then it crashes

I do not know if this will help or not - but it works for me. I used to get a lot of disk overloads on previous versions of uTorrent. And there have been numerious posts on the subject - search the forums.

I do the following:

1. I place the downloaded content at its final destination. This eleminates the need for uTorrent to perform any moves. (In an older version of uTorrent when a move occured with a large file - hitting disk overload always occured.)

2. I disabled uTorrent doing "caching of disk reads". This is because I did not want to experience the read and write cache issues noted on this board to occur. I only use uTorrent cache for writes.

3. I do not disable windows caching for disk reads.

4. I increased/override automatic cache size and set it to 512MB, because I always filled up the 32MB cache. Now it floats around 250MB.

My upload speeds are still better than my download speeds. And I usually keep about 40 download and 40 upload torrents active. And I now do not have the Disk Overload problem.

I am not recommending you do the above, but I am not going to make any cnanges to the uTorrent preferences until I see no more issues about the Disk Overload/cache problems.

I using windows 7 64bit Ultimate with uTorrent 3.1.1 b26674. I am waiting for the two versions - 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 - to merge before I upgrade again.

Archived