uTorrent not working... Need help

KCM75

I currently use version 3.1.3. A day or 2 ago it stopped downloading - still says downloading and seeding etc however the digits at the bottom of the page are not running/moving as they used to.

They say:

DHT: Waiting to log in D: 0.0 kB/s T: 0 B U: 0.0 kB/s T: 536 B

Status bars that say if the torrent is downloading or seeding are coloured red, queued seeding bars are still green.

Have not been able to search for help through uTorrent program as it does not appear when clicked on or F1 is pressed. Updates are also not available as a message appears when clicking "check for updates" in the help menu that says "unable to contact uTorrent update server".

I put several items on for download after this problem began and they have not downloaded at all.

What is wrong with the program and how do I fix it? This is the first problem I've had with this, up until now the progam worked perfectly.

I'm willing to give that a shot, however I obviously don't want to leave my computer open to virus threats etc. It also hasn't been a problem up until now... Is there any other reason uTorrent might not be working all of the sudden?

Do you have any suggestions on another free anti-virus program I may be able to install in place of AVG?

i use 3.1.3 version of u torrent n i hve win7 my u torrent is not working n it is not even gettng uninstalled. every time i try to open or uninstall torrent it shows close the pragram or check 4 a solution online but nothing happns

guys plzzzzz help me :( :( :( :( :(

Hei :)

I have exactly the same problem as member impurebaby having. Two days ago i was trying to download 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' from Pirate Bay, because Isohunt did'nt have it yet. And after that....uTorrent has stopped working. If i want to open it ...it won't - check the solution. And can't uninstall it either. :( :(

Please help...will be waiting your feedback ;)

I have the same problem as the other members uTorrent does nothing wont open or anything. It worked fine until I upgraded to the latest version, I run windows 7 64bit and have never had a problem , i have checked my anti-virus (avast) and my firewall settings , i think the problem is the new version of u torrent , can we please have access to older versions so we can install them and see if that rectifies this problem

I, too, have a problem with downloads. I have Win 7 64-bit and previously have had NO problems downloading torrents. I click and they come. Fast. A couple of days ago I noticed that torrents were displaying, but they didn't download. After a while they downloaded, but only one of three.

This morning I tried to download SVU and it displayed on the list but didn't show any peers or seeds. I tried to Force start and it showed many peers and seeds, but didn't download. I'm going to try another program and check out firewalls, etc. I just wanted to add to the record. I'll let you know if anything works.

Are any of you using one of the 3.2 beta versions of utorrent or are you all using the latest 3.1 stable versions. I ask for the simple reason that I have lost count of the number of people on this forum that have had major problems with the 3.1 series that have been sorted by updating to one of the 3.2 beta versions. I hope I don't annoy any of the mods for pointing this out, but it is a fact. I personally didn't touch the 3.1 series because of the problems it seemed to cause people, instead I went straight for the 3.2 beta versions and have had no problems so far, although, I am not a heavy user, only having one or two downloads going at a time. If anyone wishes to try another firewall then comodo free seems to work fine, as for an antivirus, avast home edition, also free, seems to work fine.

Ive got the same problem, i use Microsoft Security Essentials as my Anti virus and online armor as a firewall and not changed any setting or reinstalled anything but utorrent hasnt connected for the last 2 or 3 days and think it was after it upgraded itself to a newer version, been looking for older versions to try them so will give that a go but thought id check on here to see if it was a common thing, hope someone can figure out whats caused it with it happening around the same time to so many people ?

The new version of uTorrent has stopped working for me too. Any attempts to open it or uninstall it are met with the "uTorrent has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message. I have Microsft Security Essentials and no clue how to bet the torrent program to work again. Help, please.

I guess being the member to originally raise this issue in the forum I'd like to point out that it is starting to appear to be a problem with the uTorrent program and not with firewalls or antivirus software - I didn't want to remove my antivirus for no reason nor did I wish to try to remove the uTorrent program and reinstall to have the same issue arise.

If an administrator or someone else could assist myself and the other users with this problem, we would be very greatful... What do we need to do to rectify this issue?

Kind regards, awaiting your reply with a solution...

it seems very clear that version 3.1.3 is corrupt, Anti-Virus and firewalls do not affect the ability of a program to uninstall, that coupled with the other issues logically lead to that conclusion.this is a problem that U Torrent must take responsibilty for .

OK, so I'm thinking the best option might be to install a newer version of uTorrent - does anyone have a suggestion as to which version is best to download - the 3.2 beta or the 3.3 alpha? And should my current version be uninstalled prior to downloading the new version directly from the site or will downloading a new version override the current one and replace it? As mentioned in my first post, I am unable to check for or download updates through the program as I am told it is "unable to contact uTorrent update server".

As Mac-the-Knife mentioned not having had a problem with 3.2, I just want to make sure I should not be going with an even more recent version...

I appreciate anyones feedback on these 2 newer versions to assist me in making the right decision... I'd like to avoid similar problems in the future...

I wouldn't use the 3.3 alpha, from what I understand it is a version where they are trying numerous things that they are expecting problems from which they will address from feedback. As for the 3.2 versions, I believe there are three of them, I used the first one with no problem and have no updated to the latest with no problems. That's not to say there aren't some issues, but they seem to be working on any issues very quickly, hence three versions in a very short time. I updated mine through utorrent with no problems whatsoever. Unsure whether updating any other way would automatically update the program. If people are worried then they could always do a system restore point just before updating. By the way, I am not saying this will solve your problems, but feel it's worth a try considering it's solved quite a few users problems.

Ive got the same problem, i use Microsoft Security Essentials as my Anti virus and online armor as a firewall and not changed any setting or reinstalled anything but utorrent hasnt connected for the last 2 or 3 days and think it was after it upgraded itself to a newer version, been looking for older versions to try them so will give that a go but thought id check on here to see if it was a common thing, hope someone can figure out whats caused it with it happening around the same time to so many people ?

The most likely scenario is that Online Armor is now blocking uT. You'll need to reconfigure it.

Or just remove it, because you don't really need it when you have MSE installed coupled with the Windows firewall...

The most likely scenario is that Online Armor is now blocking uT. You'll need to reconfigure it.

Or just remove it, because you don't really need it when you have MSE installed coupled with the Windows firewall...

Yeah that solved it for me, its now reconnecting after online armor was uninstalled :) many thanks for the advise

Thanks Mac-the-Knife, I have installed the 3.2 beta version and it is once again downloading my torrents. I appreciate your feedback and assistance.

Thank you to everybody else who also helped and good luck to those who still have problems - as you can see, installing a newer version of the uTorrent program has fixed the problem for me, so maybe give it a go for yourselves and see if it fixes your issues...

Good luck either way - Thanks :D

i use 3.1.3 version of u torrent n i hve win7 my u torrent is not working n it is not even gettng uninstalled. every time i try to open or uninstall torrent it shows close the pragram or check 4 a solution online but nothing happns

I have the same problem. I try to start uTorrent and I get a crash. I've downloaded version 3.2-beta and I started getting the same error, then i've downloaded version 3.3-alpha and now the installer program starts succesfully, so I installed the software and I close the program. I execute installer of version 3.2-beta without any problem, so I closed the program again and I tryed to run the version 3.1.3 installer. The program shows the installer procedure, "next, next, next" and voilá, uTorrent 3.1.3 build 27220 runs again. I have Windows 7 64bits and (for now) a running installation of uTorrent 3.1.3 (32 bits)...

Hey guys :)

As i told you before my 3.1.3 also did'nt worked (Error - need a solution). But as i was reading other's post i also thought, that maybe i should try to download other version of uTorrent not 3.1.3 version.

So i tried to download 3.2.0 beta version..did'nt worked. Next i tried to download 3.3.0 alpha version and it is working! Thank you for your posts, they were helpful. Of course you can try to do system restore as one member suggested...why i did'nt think of that...Hopefully this version don't crash any time soon

So thank you users :P i am going to enjoy my uTorrent agan

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I try to start uTorrent and I get a crash. I've downloaded version 3.2-beta and I started getting the same error' date=' then i've downloaded version 3.3-alpha and now the installer program starts succesfully, so I installed the software and I close the program. I execute installer of version 3.2-beta without any problem, so I closed the program again and I tryed to run the version 3.1.3 installer. The program shows the installer procedure, "next, next, next" and voilá, uTorrent 3.1.3 build 27220 runs again. I have Windows 7 64bits and (for now) a running installation of uTorrent 3.1.3 (32 bits)...[/quote']

Where are you guys getting 3.2 from ive tried downloading through pirate bay but of course now that is stuck saying downloading 0% any ideas this is starting to pee me off now think i may just go back to VUZE never had a problem with not not even once!

Archived