Problem solved by going back/downgrading to Utorrent version 2

customer

I upgraded to version 3.1.3 Nine hours ago at about 5 pm Central Time. My download speed went from 2.1MB down to 10kB per second. The program also froze every few minutes and had to be restarted. I read these forums and other articles for 8 hours trying to find a remedy. I tried everything. No luck.

I downgraded to version 2.0.4.22967, and my problem was instantly solved. I simply installed it and all my old torrents, including those that had been only partially downloaded, were there. Everything was back to normal, as if nothing bad had ever happened.

My last version was higher than 2.0.4.22967. I know this because I remember that the tray icon I most recently had was round, not square like the one for 2.0.4.22967. So, I may continue upgrading through the old versions until I get back to exactly where I was. But I may not. If it's not broken... ... ....

Count me as happy that the problem is solved.

THANK YOU Utorrent for allowing a simple way to go back to what works for me!!!!!!!!!!

If you are going to downgrade, get older versions from sites which I am not permitted to name here.. COMPARE THEM ALL and make sure they are identical. Then you're safe (you won't be installing something that has malware, etc.). You can get a free program that compares files byte for byte anywhere. You can also try searching online for comparemyfiles-- a site that will do it for you.

Good luck, and if I saved you from any frustration, then this post has achieved its purpose.

I assume you are referring to uTorrent 3.1.3 Build 27327?

I upgraded yesterday (6/12/12) with the program that came directly from this site, so I assume the version I received was either uTorrent 3.1.3 Build 27327 (released 6/1/12) or uTorrent 3.1.3 Build 27385 (released 6/11/12). I don't know which version I received from this site, but my problems were solved by going back to version 2.

You're right. Originally, my goal was to solve the problems I was having with 3.1.3. After 8 hours of working on that, I changed my goal to having a working copy of uTorrent.

So, whether I solved the problem or not very much depends on how you define the problem. From my point of view, the ultimate goal was to have a working copy of uTorrent.

Archived