Automated feeds dont download to the correct folders.

iD4NG3R

If you use both a custom 'completed downloads' and feed folder, uTorrent will bug out on where to place the finished downloads. Sometimes it will put them in the correct folder, on other attempts it will just stay in the finished download folder.

Edit: Ah I looked into it again, it starts the download in the correct folder. But moves it to the finished downloads folder after finishing seeding/stopping the torrent. This is still however, not what it's supposed to do.

full.png

full.png

Successful:

full.png

Unsuccessful:

full.png

This problem still occurs in the latest beta release (3.2.1).

• 3 months later...
Edit: Ah I looked into it again, it starts the download in the correct folder. But moves it to the finished downloads folder after finishing seeding/stopping the torrent. This is still however, not what it's supposed to do.

Check "[ ] Only move from default downloads directory" so it doesn't.

Check "[ ] Only move from default downloads directory" so it doesn't.

Makes no difference.

What should happen:

Manually adding .torrents or magnet links:

Download starts in the temp folder, and moves to the finished folder when finished.

(Automated) Feeds:

Download starts in either the temp or selected folder, and needs to end up in the folder you selected in the RSS downloader. Even when certain "Directory" options have been selected through the Options menu.

From Help -> RSS Downloader.

By default, torrents will automatically download to My Documents\Downloads. If you want the torrents to download to a specific folder, you must either specify a folder in Save in: or set a default download path in the "Directories" section of µTorrent's preferences.

From Help -> Preferences -> Directories -> Location of Downloaded Files.

Location of Downloaded Files

Put new downloads in specifies the default location that the contents of newly added torrent jobs will be downloaded to.

Always show dialog on manual add tells µTorrent to display the Add New Torrent dialog even if a default download location is. If left unchecked, µTorrent automatically sets the download location to the specified location and adds the torrent job to the torrent jobs list accordingly, without user intervention.

Move completed downloads to specifies the location that torrent contents that have finished downloading should be moved to. Files are moved immediately after the torrent job finishes downloading and the files are written to disk.

Append the torrent's label will add the torrent job's label to the path that the torrent contents are moved to after they finish downloading.

Only move from the default download directory tells µTorrent to move torrent contents only if it was saved to the directory specified under "Put new downloads in". If that option wasn't set, this option should be left disabled.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just downgraded to 3.2.3 and this functionality works perfect. Has to be a bug in 3.3.

Just came here to report the same thing. "Only move from the default download directory" is set, but my RSS downloads (which are stored in their own folders to keep things separate) are being moved to the directory I specified in "Move completed downloads to:" as well. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Archived