Upload Limit not respected

MaXiMiUS

All the information you need, I think:

http://i.imgur.com/2hLJl.png

I do not have unlimited upload bandwidth, I would like to be able to download things while I play online games. Having uTorrent burn up all my available upload bandwidth is making this impossible.

Oddly, any download speed limit I set is respected. It's just upload speed limits that are being ignored.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same problem. I have switched clients for now, as a BT client is literally useless without adequate upload speed control. I was on 3.2 when I experienced the problem out of nowhere (no changes, no updates), then updated to 3.2.2 and the problem was still there.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm this, and add that it's also happening in 3.4 Alpha.

With 3.3/3.4 the upload limiter is totally broken. It is alpha, tho, so I guess everything is permitted... ;)

Did you try 3.2.1 or 3.2.2?

I did. It is also clearly present there! At the time the induced download overhead (UL acks) + the seeding rate exceeds the set upload limit, the limit breaks up, defying the "limit overhead" setting. This needs argent repair.

It's as simple as that! And I don't understand why the devs do not seem to take it seriously. Some people do pay when they go over their limit!!!

And I don't understand why the devs do not seem to take it seriously. People some are paying when they go over their limit!!!

And that is one of many reasons why users are using unsupported stable versions.

3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are listed as stable and if the latest stable releases are not working as it's supposed to then users will move on to older stable releases that do work for them.

When users ask for help on here the replies should not be to upgrade to the latest stable release unless ALL bugs are fixed or for testing purposes!

It just makes sense!

I've been having the same issue for months now through various releases. Currently using 3.3 Alpha, build 28508, but the same issue exists in stable as as well as beta builds.

Settings are the same as OP's screenshot but the upload limitations are obviously not working. I've also noticed that pretty much the entire upload bandwidth is used by a single peer (when checking the Peers tab and sorting by Up Speed).

Has there been any progress regarding this issue respectively what could be causing it?

I am also registering just to log this issue.

Upload speed limits are not being honoured.

Version 3.3 Build 28203 32 bit.

This issue has been there through several build revisions. I am having to exit Utorrent after downloads as it kills net access and this is wrong as I do want to seed.

The Utorrent developers cannot be unaware of this as its been reported many times.

So the answer is they don't care or they don't know how to fix it. (Option 2 is the most likely)

I think its time to look for another torrent client.

Upload speed limits are not being honoured.

This was partly fixed in the latest 3.3 build. Global UL limit is now working, but might stop the downloads when it is being set during an active download.

The root cause/issue is still there, and in all the 3.x release:

- upload limit is being broken as soon as you increase your download speed.

- The overhead is not being capped to the limit, even if you set uT to limit overhead.

- At the same time, upload load-data is also over-flowing the set limit!

The is definitely something wrong at the upload department in BT... :P

well im now with 3x also tested your alpha 3.4 i will report a bug with upload speed limiting too.. my problem is there that i have plenty of upload bandwidth 25mbit but sometimes the program limit the upload to 1mb/s BUT i dont use global limits i set them to unlimited and no solution.. now i find something.. when i set a speed limit from the integrated setup guide (for port and the speed etc) it releases the full limit of bandwidth and the torrents start how they have to start with full bandwidth.. ( I must say that everything that i test with are new torrents with allot of seeders and leechers) then i set to unlimited the upload. and leave it like this for 3-4-5 hours no problems then again and again i must go to setup guide chose a mode example 40mbit,50mbit or so.. and then the program just runs like yohoooou :D. and again i click on unlimited :). thats a bug i think its something with the utp bandwidth manager and his speed limiter (or i dont know im not programmer ) :) tested with 3.1.3 3.2.2 and 3.4alpha.. :)

I use 3.1.3 and I check a lot and never tells me there's an available update, also I had this issue like a year ago and it stopped once I stopped using alpha and beta utorrent updates so I guess like I did scrape that one you got after you finish whatever torrent your on then get the newest main release from the site.

Also i am awful at starting topics but I seem to get occasionally more file dl then total... like I get 4.03gb dl'd out of 4.02 weird happens on a few of mine lately and when done the file video or otherwise seems perfectly fine which actually bugs me that something I am sure is wrong works perfectly >.<

Archived