Error: WritetoDIsk: Access is Denied

TheBassist

Didn't want to start a new thread since I've seen the "answers" before, but I have done everything in the previous threads to attempt to get the problem right, but alas none have worked. I have rebooted my computer, disabled firewalls, deleted uT and reinstalled. Why can I not download new torrents without this error happening, and who can help?

Wow there's some really sarcastic and nice people here aren't there. Glad to see.

I have the newest version of utorrent. I run a Windows 7 on an ASUS computer. I have downloaded a few torrents and now am unable to download anymore due to this error. This has happened for the past month. Saying that I "didn't take care of security priorities in the folder" or "we know this because of your operating system because" does nothing to help me out. What folder? How would I access it? What would I do in said folder?

As for the second response, there's my operating system. Care to elaborate now?

AArgh. I'm also using a new win7 Samsung laptop, and the "downloads" folder , properties, security, permissions, has full settings ON for SYSTEM, MyLogonName, and Administrators, but there`s no EVERYONE.

Update: I realized that I had changed the destination for my download to be in a folder in the Program Files folder. I was downloading some addons for a software application. I had to change the permissions of that that particular folder, to eliminate the error.

Archived