hidden torrent

michal1012

This also happens upon loading torrent and update prompt asks if you wish to update to a new version or utorrent. :/

When selecting yes to update, the torrent becomes hidden upon reopening utorrent! :mad:

BUG! The program should wait to load the torrent/magnet data, then after prompt for update > close > update > reopen > then torrent should be in main list

Quite frustrating indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course this is a bug. No user in their right mind expects this behavior. I had no idea what was going on, as certain torrents would become automatically hidden and stop, and others would not be hidden and start downloading automatically. I've been using torrents, and uTorrent, for years and I'd never heard of the "Hidden" label before. This is confusing and stupid behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It happened on 2 different computers, and I still can't fix it. I do know how it happened. When I clicked on a magnet link, I have the setting checked to show option of changing the location and name of torrent data. What happens is I forgot to click on the "Add Torrent" button once, and just closed utorrent (i forgot about the torrent while waiting for the info to load). Now EVERY torrent is added automatically (no window to change name or location) and is under the label "Hidden". I have gone back to UI settings and tried to reset the option for the window, but it did not help. This is a bug, anyone can accidentally close utorrent without clicking the "Add Torrent" button. There should be an option to reset the default labeling to "None". I never could fix the problem on my laptop, I just stopped using it for utorrent, but I really would like to know how to fix the problem now. It is very annoying to need to change the label every new torrent, and I would like to recover the option of changing the name and/or location.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bug that has been going on for at least 2 years.

Simply do a Google search on it.

I did some months ago and posted about it here.

Mine seems to do it when ever I switch from Nvidia Surround settings with 3 monitors to just standard spanning across 3 monitors. It is really annoying.

It doesn't appear that the creators of Utorrent will ever do anything about it if it has been going on for this long. I went through frustrating times uninstalling, deleting caches, etc.

Archived