the DL-speed

Squeek

it would be great (dont know if its just me) if you could put in an "average DL speed" i personaly think its kinda funny watch the average speed i had wheni DL'ed some eps or whatevva.... but now last time i fell asleep and then it was finished .. and to late to check in the "diagram" (??)

You sit and stare at your downloads ?

Can't you just cut all your negative comments?

Yes, I'd love to have more statistics in utorrrent.. examples like:

* Average download/upload speed.

* Maximum upload/download speed.

* Time taken to download the torrent resp. seed to 1:1 ratio

* Total amount data reported to tracker (all uploads and downloads), and calculation of that ratio.

* Global total Bytes downloaded/uploaded (since the program was first launched) + ratio of that.

* Global Average download/upload speed since program was started.

* more? (Post in thread)

The point is of this is mostly because it fun and informative to watch statistics.

I think statistics are fine if they are meant to give you information that will allow you to tweak your system for better performance or to monitor critical aspects of the torrenting dynamics. DL/UL speeds, share ratio, availability, %complete, time to finish, peers/seeds, etc.

Ask yourself what you are going to do with that information. If there is a good reason then fine, but if it's just "nice to know" then I would prefer to keep it out.

I miss statistics that monitor connectivity issues. What are the peers that I'm not connecting to and why (timeouts, choking, snubed, errors, banned, ...). How often are these connectivity issues occuring and where. Monitoring the swarm dynamic is something I haven't seen in any other client and it would assist me on finding ways to get better speed.

You sit and stare at your downloads ?

Can't you just cut all your negative comments?

Yes, I'd love to have more statistics in utorrrent.. examples like:

* Total amount data reported to tracker (all uploads and downloads), and calculation of that ratio.

* Global total Bytes downloaded/uploaded (since the program was first launched) + ratio of that.

* more? (Post in thread)

The point is of this is mostly because it fun and informative to watch statistics.

Get a grip and get a sense of humor while you're at it.

Slayers: I definitly agree on those kind of statistics.. That would help users figure out whats wrong and fix it instead of messing around with ports, routers, firewalls, antivirus software, etc ..

though doing less bad and more good is always good

This, of course, is completely wrong. I'm a strong believer in the law of conservation of evil, which is just like all the other laws of conservation, states that evil can never be created nor destroyed. This in turn implies that if everyone does a little bit of evil here and there, we won't get REALLY evil people at all.

I quite like stats and would find them of interest, I use DUMeter for this kind of thing

I think it would be better for the upload and download Kb/s fields to display average values? As it is, the values jump up and down, 5, 10 or even 20 Kb/s every refresh. Showing the average of the last 5 or 10 refreshes or seconds would smooth out this eratic behavior, imho this would be more useful.

I am too for avarage DL-UL speeds in the general bottom tab !

But why invent the wheel ? just look at BitComet's summary (-averages) , tracker (-# peers returned) , logs (-for debug/system ) and statistics panes - and copy the lot ! ...

* more? (Post in thread)

I would like this too, not so much while downloading.. mostly after when its complete..!

:)

Archived