Alternate update rate when not downloading not working on v3.3

zlat4n

I'm using another torrent client until this and other related bugs are fixed.

It's an appallingly inconvenient regression. Add to it that the bug with download location and utorrent has nothing over Deluge or Vuze.

Just popped in to see if there has been another alpha or beta release with these fixed, but it doesn't look like it.

Just try it yourself by opening utorrent and stopping all your torrents, you will notice that the upload speed limit will stay the same.
Yep...I"ve been having this problem with the most recents versions.

Alternate upload unchecked works fine.

I usually set a higher upload rate after download completes and begins seeding but with alternate upload checked it never accepts the higher upload rate.

I might have found the reason/bug and the way to bypass the issue till they'll fix it. Try this:

- Use shift-F2->Advanced

- locate ul_rate_download_thres

- change he default 0 to something like 5+ (KB/s)

And you are done... :) Let me know if it helped.

There seems to be some residual download rate of 2-3K going on for some reason, that prohibits this alternate limit to take effect.

The thing is - they should have just used the seeding/active numbers in the categories ... much simpler...

locate ul_rate_download_thres

- change he default 0 to something like 5+ (KB/s)

There seems to be some residual download rate of 2-3K going on for some reason, that prohibits this alternate limit to take effect.

What version/build do you have the ul_rate_download_thres setting because I went all the way back to 1.8.5 and couldn't locate it.

Hmmm...It seems the minimal download rate (1-2K) is a constant on my end.

As far as I can tell this particular problem started on all versions/builds after the 3.2.1 release.

What version/build do you have the ul_rate_download_thres setting because I went all the way back to 1.8.5 and couldn't locate it.

3.3.1 29213, 3.2.3 28705 and I guess others.

aeda1d239923011.jpg

Follow instruction at tip 'P.' in my guide below ... You need to try to focus, and have good fingers - coordination...

• 10 months later...

Archived