Phantom job(s) showing in GUI 3.3.0.29544

ciaobaby

• 1 month later...

Update on this 'issue'

If no jobs are loaded, all persistent labels show a 'phantom' job count..

Loading a single job and setting a temporary label removes the phantom job count from all persistent labels.

Loading a single job and setting a persistent label removes the phantom job count from all other persistent labels.

This behaviour is also in versions 3.3.0.29677, 3.3.1.29756 & 3.4.0.29765

This behaviour is also in versions 3.3.0.29677, 3.3.1.29756 & 3.4.0.29765

Good to finally find a consistent feature... No-jobs means that you are playing around with it... Seriously, just start *using* uTorrent ... ;)

Seriously, just start *using* uTorrent ... wink

So given your wisdom, should I start from ver 1.6, the first version I used (and still have the installer archived) and slowly build up from there?

No-jobs means that you are playing around with it
Does that infer that you have NEVER done a clean installation of various builds and added jobs steadily, just to see at what point it starts misbehaving?

It means I never look for issues with zero torrents in the list view. It simply not practical/interesting/priority issue. And do whatever you want to do with build 1.6 on... like check them all, see what build it started in and tell the devs.

It means I never look for issues with zero torrents in the list view. It simply not practical/interesting/priority issue.

But application testing should cover all possibilties and eventualities especially the "Nobody is ever going to do that" scenarios. (read 'ever going' as "stupid enough") because in my experience that is usually one of the first things that users try to do.

I only spotted it because I added my persistent labels list before loading any jobs up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In 3.3.2.30131 this issue occurs when a new persistent label is added. The new label shows as Name (1) until the GUI updates, and it takes 10 update cycles to display correctly.

Tested at values of 1000, 3000 and 5000 for gui.update_speed

Behaviour is as expected when changing a temporary label with jobs assigned to a persistent label.

Archived