Is it possible to only update files already in the download folder?

gigadeath

Hi to you all. I have a question about uTorrent.

I often launch torrents containing multiple files, which are actually updates to old versions of the same files. uTorrent correctly checks what remains unchanged, then starts downloading everything else. I would like it to ONLY update the files I already have in the selected folder, without downloading anything else.

I know I could manually select every single file I want in the launch menu, but it's very time consuming and not very sane when there are hundreds and hundreds of files in the torrent.

Maybe the option is already there, but I never found it. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

That is clear to me. But why can you select the files at all through the torrent launch menu? I don't think what I want to do is beyond the concept of a torrent file.

Instead of manually selecting what files I want to take, I'd like the client to automatically check what's there and update that, saving me A LOT of time. So I can already achieve that, but not automatically. I don't think this touches the 'concept' of torrent file at all anyway.

Archived