A persistent case of checked 0.0%

BFD

Here's a screenshot to sum it up : http://i.imgur.com/enUiVEY.png

I tried a ton of things.

I upgraded to utorrent 3.4 (build 29535). Force reloaded the checked.dat. Removed all torrents and their data, then restarted them from nothing. But whatever I do, as soon as I turn off and back on my computer, the torrents will start re-checking and it will get stuck on checking one torrent, leaving most of the others at 0.0% checked.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some help.

Are you saying I should manually quit utorrent every time I shut down my computer?

Unless there is a way to automatize that, I'll never think of doing it every time. Besides, it does not solve the problem of all my torrents stuck at 0.00%.

Yes.

Unless there is a way to automatize that, I'll never think of doing it every time. Besides, it does not solve the problem of all my torrents stuck at 0.00%.

Actually it does. BECAUSE if you just shut it off the downloads are left in an unknown state and possibly corrupt, so they HAVE to be checked to prevent swarm poisoning.

I see.

And is there a way to automate Utorrent shutting down properly when I turn off my computer?

I'll never think of doing it properly every single time.

Also, how do I get rid of all those torrents left at Checked 0.0%? Deleting and re-adding them doesn't do anything.

And is there a way to automate Utorrent shutting down properly when I turn off my computer?

Nope, uTorrent does not monitor shutdown events
Also, how do I get rid of all those torrents left at Checked 0.0%? Deleting and re-adding them doesn't do anything.

Stop them all and force a recheck on each job individually.

Properly quit uTorrent before shutting down my computer yesterday evening. Waited for the process to be dead before I shut down my computer.

Upon booting it today, every single torrent now says checked 0.0%.

Once again, I shut down uTorrent properly.

Waited for it to be gone from the task manager before shutting down my computer.

Every torrent stuck at 0.00% upon booting my computer.

Decided to uninstall then reinstall the latest uTorrent build, and to move my torrents folder to another disk. Then deleted and re-downloaded all my torrents manually (tedious as it gets). Still the same problem upon rebooting.

I had the same problem as BFD.

By the way, rafi

tried run-as admin?
yes. WinXP x86 3.25 GB RAM, i7 CPU

ciaobaby

Stop them all and force a recheck on each job individually.

This advise works, hence it is extremely slow.

Allow uTorrent to close down CLEANLY before powering down the computer.

I had to repeat this twice, because at first loop the process was shut at check 0.0% and was to be killed in Task Manager.

I wasted a lot of time experimenting, searching for this branch and fixing the problem.

it is a strange coincidence that this fact has arose only after

--2013-04-14: Version 3.3 stable (build 29544)

- Fix for Checked 0.0% regression

IMHO, this regression must be blamed, but not a consequence of automated shutdown:

uTorrent does not monitor shutdown events

Finally, I'm alerted, but happy.

Thanks BFD, ciaobaby and rafi.

Archived