Error Message under Status

gorlar

Former volume not mounted

It is trying to explain that your disk drive on which you have your download destination path/location - is no longer there . Probably external drive that Windows unmounted/disconnected from ... Or maybe, the driver letter has changed for some reason...

It is trying to explain that your disk drive on which you have your download destination path/location - is no longer there .

I guess this a case of M$ Windows jockeys not understanding the Unix/Linux/Mac parlance :)

"Damn you Microsoft! Damn you all to hell"!

It is trying to explain that your disk drive on which you have your download destination path/location - is no longer there . Probably external drive that Windows unmounted/disconnected from ... Or maybe' date=' the driver letter has changed for some reason...[/quote']

Sorry Raffi I havent got a clue what youre talking about. Im nearly tearing my hair out trying to understand what you are saying. All I know is that when I opened utorrent I was given the option of a newer version, Im sorry I opted to do so now as I was having no problems prior to that, now when I click on file-add torrent, the download doesnt start and under the word "status" it says: Error:-Former volume not mounted. Is there something simple you can suggest I try. Have uninstalled and re-installed, but same thing happens. Hope you can help.

Screenshots of your pref->directories and the exact path name of the directory you are trying to set in the "Add" dialogue?

If "put new downloads in" or "put .torrents in" are empty , try and define some valid paths there.

Under Status in UTorrent 3.3 after clicking on "add torrent" a problem occurs saying Error:- Former volume not mounted. What does that mean and how do I correct.

I suggest:

Error: Disk volume X: as defined in your pref->directories is not accessible/available.

Instead of explaining to people what 'volume' is and what 'former' is. Please request this change from the devs, baby... Unless you want to spend your entire forum life answering this when 3.3.1 is out...

Linux Mint (Cinnamon or LXDE) instead of Windows 8 anyday! :)

But it's just that M$ dumbed everything down so much that the distinctions got lost.

Drive and Volume are really two different things, as there can be several 'volumes'( << the file storage) on a single drive (<< the physical object), but because of the limitations of early MS DOS, they had to be referenced by a single character and 'Volumes' became drives in the Microsoft world.

Archived