Selective Downloads

BeardedNun

Hello all,

First time poster, long time stalker of the community (mwahaha)

I've been downloading a season of an old school programme and I've just realised that the 6 banned episodes aren't included. I've found a source that offers the whole season and the banned episodes but I really don't fancy wasting my bandwidth on another 11gb or so just for a few lost episodes, so I was wondering; is it still possible to select what files you want from the torrent? I can't find the option anywhere...

Cheers,

Yes !!!!! You can set up to select parts of the torrent you want or don't ! I download many TV series and this is so handy !!! I use this on every torrent . in fact . Cuz ,Cousin , there's always some junk you won't want ! Go to "Options" in upper left hand corner of program >preferences ,then UI Settings , then at the bottom of this box , you will see the "When Adding Torrents " section . Mine is set up the following way and does what you want yours to do ; check the box for " activate the program window "....check the box for "show options to change the name and....." ...Don't check "don't start the torrent automatically " That last one sounds like it should be checked , but mine is not . Also , ALL of the boxes are checked when you 1st open Options before Prefs . HIT APPLY . HAPPY DWNLDDNG !

what version of utorrent are you using? under the "apple", it simply says "preferences" not "options". in the preferences pane, there is no option for "UI settings", only "general". this is where you can check "auto download" or "activate program window". when you uncheck "auto download" and check "activate program window" , the program window that shows up doesn't show the files contained within the torrent (at least it didn't on mine--and i tested it with a discography containing multiple folders). there is no option for "show options to change name..." either.

i'm using mac version 1.8.3.

what am i missing?

i just read another forum post that indicated that it might be something to do with target links, which is what i'm downloading. but i don't see how that affects the interface differences i noted...

Archived