About Ipfilter.dat

zixter

check www.bluetack.co.uk for blocklistmanager

What I need is the location where the Filter has to be i guess appdatautorrent ?

Is the ipfilter.dat reloaded if filedate change ? I mean if blocklistmanager updates the file every 24 hours, is it reloaded or is the old one in memory used since my last start of utorrent, lets imagine, two weeks ago (what is of course not as it is right now whith the loads of updates)? I guess not, going to feature requests...

no as i said above its c:doc and settingsnameapplication datautorrent

just tested. Just update it every 24 hours with blocklistmanager and then restart utorrent or you will end up blocking the wrong ips after some days as they change.

hope Ludde will add a check for never list as currently loaded and reload it without restart of utorrent.

I recommend u guys gettin Peer Guardian 2 beta.. (http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/)

It has all the bad ips u need to protect against and u can also add the .dat from http://www.bluetack.co.uk/

Its a small & powerful firewall.. Try it u'll c for urself.. U need to add the urls for bluetak after u install it.. Click "List Manager" and add from there.. :twisted:

You can find updated ipfilter.dat here: http://www2.openmedia.info:8080/p27.html

Is this reliable? IS this based on the lists at bluetack? I can't be bothered using blocklist manager.

I find Blocklist Manager so easy to use & it does all the work for me. :) Just imagine if we had to compare all of those bad IP addresses by ourselves, instead of BLM doing it for us, not to mention converting them. :) Protowall is another cool program. :)

Blm takes absolutely ages to compile and convert the lists, I left it for about an hour and it was still compiling the lists. Gave up and just went back to pg2, which sux when others are browsing on the pc, as it blocks a lot of sites. Am I working it right, I've just got L1 lists turned on.

as i understand ipfilter is still in betastage in UT, for now UT will only use it if you restart UT when a new list is genearted by BLM. You can activate the autoupdate in the settings of BLM. On the lower ricght you can see update in 23:30. Just minimize it to tray. Of course you have to config it, auto export and Prog locations.

I would allways use the filter in UT AND Protowall.

I tried ipfilter.dat on utorrent and without and did a few hours testing on utorrent...it turns out my router d/c with ipfilter on.

I then tried the same test on bitcomet ipfilter works...i wonder if it got to utorrent...has anyone faced the same problem? i can do without ipfilter I know but I am just curious...

also I personally feel DHT makes a big difference because I tried some torrents on bitcomet and utorrent concurrently. The torrents are from private trackers...abit out of point though but just typed it all out in the post here for convenience...open for discussion :D

Archived