error system can not find path- please explain steps?

12paws3tails

Hi there can someone explain to me step by step how to fix this error? I am not good with computers, so it needs to be dumbed down as much as possible..

Every time I try to download a torrent now, it starts up like normal, but then after a few minutes it goes grey and has this error message. I tried to google the answer bt all I could find was about it will happen if the name has a " . " in the beginning or end of the file name. The file names do not have a " . " in the beginning or end of the name, of the ones I am trying to download, so I do not know what else to do.

I also tried updating the program, but it said there are no newer versions available. This never used to happen at all, and I am not sure why it has started happening. :|

If anyone who knows how to fix this, and would be so kind as to give me the steps, I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you for your time :)

Hi there can someone explain to me step by step how to fix this error? I am not good with computers, so it needs to be dumbed down as much as possible.

Until You tell us what is causing it ..... We can't.

Have you read the Error message FAQ in the User Manual?

Hi there can someone explain to me step by step how to fix this error? I am not good with computers, so it needs to be dumbed down as much as possible.

Until You tell us what is causing it ..... We can't.

Have you read the Error message FAQ in the User Manual?

The FAQ just said:

While downloading/seeding, I get 'Error: The system cannot find the path specified'.

This problem may be caused by a limitation in Windows with path lengths. Windows unfortunately limits the maximum length to 255 characters (which includes the filename). Try saving the torrent to a location closer to the drive's root, such as C:\torrent.

But I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that. Also I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I down load a torrent I just click the little magnet looking thing, and it sends it into the utorrent program in the download screen. Maybe there is an alternate way to do it?

Create a folder in the root os c: drive called U and point your download location to it.

OMFG IT WORKED :lol:

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much! I hope the karma gods were watching your good deed today :)

Seriously, thank you so much for taking the time to help a random stranger out. <3

Create a folder in the root os c: drive called U and point your download location to it.

OMFG IT WORKED :lol:

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much! I hope the karma gods were watching your good deed today :)

Seriously' date=' thank you so much for taking the time to help a random stranger out. <3[/quote']

Want to also try out another possible solution ?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=734384#p734384

Archived