~uTorrentPartFile autodelete once torrent completes

SaNdMaN82

Hello.

One thing that really annoys me is the fact that when downloading some files from a torrent, the temporary file that's created during the actual download phase is not deleted once the files I've selected are complete...

I DO understand why the temp file is created, I understand its function...

But I believe that once the torrent is completed, it you simply be deleted by Utorrent...

I've searched older posts about this, and some say that "it's ok because the torrent is not complete"...

Well, to me that's wrong... If I'm selecting only some files, when those files are done, the torrent is done as well for me... And even for Utorrent (it list that torrent as complete)...

So I really think Utorrent should auto delete these temp files at one of two phases:

1) When utorrent completes downloading the selected files

2) When the torrent is removed from utorrent

My personal preference would be 1), but I'm not sure if this is against of how utorrent seeds the torrent...

For the time being, I turned "use_partfile" off in the advance preferences, just to see if these files are prevented from being created... But I believe the part file actually is a good practice, it's there for some reason... But I would love to get it auto-deleted at the end... Since, it's just a temp file, with no valid data to the end user...

What do you think about this?.

Thanks.

Archived